What's Your Favorite Kitchen Gadget ?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My new favorite is my moms old Saladmaster. She and dad got it when they were first married, so it's about 63 years old.

I've been making a lot of carrot cake and it does a great job of grating carrots.
It needs new rubber feet, dad glued them on at some point, but they don't stay put. Amazingly, new parts are still
available. It's one of the things I was grateful to find still at their house.

View attachment 1735

:eek: ... I think that's one gadget DH does not have! :gig

Love the buffet!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee maker! Set to start at 5:00 a.m. every work day. Could not function without it. Then the hot air popper. Gets used EVERY Sunday night. Popcorn and movie night. :) We have burned up at least 3 of these in 30 years. Everything else spells w-o-r-k. :hide

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I also love my stick blender. Other than that I would say my food processor gets the most work. During harvest/canning season, my food mill also gets a good workout.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The gadget I use most is probably my pressure cooker. Good for all those times I should'a started dinner way earlier and my go to choice for making soup just about every other day.

My newest gadget is a "no-sharp-edges" can opener. Not only does it work well, but those can tops are perfect plant IDs. Just drill a hole in the top, etch the veggie or flower name on the lid and hang on a wire or stake.

Fortunately (unfortunately?) DH's saying that, "One of everything is a good start." works as well in the kitchen as in the garden.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mr. Espresso!

2nd place is a manual can opener, hopefully I'll be buying a real good one this month.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

I'm a big fan of our food processor. It gets a workout between baby food, and canning, it's a workhorse for sure. In that same breath I love GOOD QUALITY knives. They make all the difference. And the stick blender that and the food processor live on the counter during canning season.

My wife chimed in and said don't forget her Kitchenaide mixer!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had a hard time deciding on just one also! I think stick blender. I use it all the time! And it attaches to a small chopper unit, for nuts and the like. That's what I used when I made my mystery bread with the candy canes, etc, to get everything chopped up fine.

and @thistlebloom - can we get a close up of that buffet front carving? It's beautiful!! :D

Latest posts