What's Your Favorite Kitchen Gadget ?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom I got my Mom's Salad Master too! I also got the entire set of pots and skillets with the lids that have the "tinkler" steam vent in the top. I love using the grater with the different cones. I make cole slaw, carrot salad and make rippley veggie slices for stir fry.

I also got Mom's Vita-Mix. It's one of the old ones, stainless steel. There ain't much that thing can't chew up!

@Nyboy ! Just ONE favorite kitchen gadget??? :thA garlic peeler?? I have a garlic press (two actually) but never had a garlic peeler. MUST. HAVE. ONE.

My other favorite kitchen gadget is (are :lol: ) ummmm......uh......my very old tomato strainer-it's cone shaped, aluminum, has 3 legs and a wooden mallet to squish the tomatoes with. My other favorites are the pressure cooker, the blue granite blancher, ooooooohhhhh, the Nutri-Bullet I just got, and the Jack LaLane juicer, I got this really cool 3-sided knife sharpener from Harbor Freight, I LOVE the Excalibur dehydrator I got last summer.......the Food Saver.....the ice cream maker........yes, a dishwasher IS a kitchen gadget! I love the white granite enameled colander that I found at a dump in Baytown when I was 19, I adore the Wolfgang Puck stainless steel cookware, meat grinder with sausage stuffing attachment, KNIVES!!! My favorite, old, battered aluminum WARSH pans, one has handles! Electric skillet! Punch bowl set I make my great grandmother's egg nog in :drool that stuff will get you snockered, fer shure! The crock pot I got when I was 17, my Family Grain Mill is AWESOME!! I can mill cornmeal and wheat flour--it's sooooooo good!! Tongs for lifting hot canning jars out of the pressure cooker, scads of utensils and doo-dads, cases of canning jars....more stuff.....more stuff....

Kitchen gadgets are like potato chips--you can't have just ONE!! :gig

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom I got my Mom's Salad Master too! I also got the entire set of pots and skillets with the lids that have the "tinkler" steam vent in the top. I love using the grater with the different cones. I make cole slaw, carrot salad and make rippley veggie slices for stir fry.

I also got Mom's Vita-Mix. It's one of the old ones, stainless steel. There ain't much that thing can't chew up!

@Nyboy ! Just ONE favorite kitchen gadget??? :thA garlic peeler?? I have a garlic press (two actually) but never had a garlic peeler. MUST. HAVE. ONE.

My other favorite kitchen gadget is (are :lol: ) ummmm......uh......my very old tomato strainer-it's cone shaped, aluminum, has 3 legs and a wooden mallet to squish the tomatoes with. My other favorites are the pressure cooker, the blue granite blancher, ooooooohhhhh, the Nutri-Bullet I just got, and the Jack LaLane juicer, I got this really cool 3-sided knife sharpener from Harbor Freight, I LOVE the Excalibur dehydrator I got last summer.......the Food Saver.....the ice cream maker........yes, a dishwasher IS a kitchen gadget! I love the white granite enameled colander that I found at a dump in Baytown when I was 19, I adore the Wolfgang Puck stainless steel cookware, meat grinder with sausage stuffing attachment, KNIVES!!! My favorite, old, battered aluminum WARSH pans, one has handles! Electric skillet! Punch bowl set I make my great grandmother's egg nog in :drool that stuff will get you snockered, fer shure! The crock pot I got when I was 17, my Family Grain Mill is AWESOME!! I can mill cornmeal and wheat flour--it's sooooooo good!! Tongs for lifting hot canning jars out of the pressure cooker, scads of utensils and doo-dads, cases of canning jars....more stuff.....more stuff....

Kitchen gadgets are like potato chips--you can't have just ONE!! :gig

That's quite the inventory @Bay! I'm sure you must have missed something though. Quick, go back and check that drawer!
My mom had the entire set of Saladmaster pots with the fluttery steam vents too! All that was left was the large pot and lid, and the egg poacher, which I always hoped she'd save for me.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amazing all the kitchen gadgets...

...and tomorrow I'm going to a kitchen store to get a decent manual can opener that won't break in 2 or 3 months.

If the one I get does break, I'll buy an old one at a salvation army store!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
There's that little Martha Stewart trick for peeling garlic too.

Any excuse to eat more garlic!
greenstars.gif

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Amazing all the kitchen gadgets...

...and tomorrow I'm going to a kitchen store to get a decent manual can opener that won't break in 2 or 3 months.

If the one I get does break, I'll buy an old one at a salvation army store!

I keep a P-38 on the counter, it usually works better than anything else n lasts forever...

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Looked up garlic peeler.....HOW DID I MISS THIS?????

:D ... if you were married to my DH ya'll would need to build a second kitchen! :lol:

The other day my daughter called, looking for some kind of jello mold or something and I heard him say, wait, I think I have one out in the garage! :eek: I wonder how much stuff he has stashed out there?! I don't even wanna think about it!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yea, a p 38 sounds like a great kitchen gadget to get.

Last one I had I left at Korea.