What's Your Favorite Kitchen Gadget ?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Don't understand need of garlic peeler. One swift hit with side of knife, garlic out of peel.

And that's exactly what you use when you have sooo many drawers full of fun gadgets that you can't find your garlic peeler ... :lol:

@marshallsmyth ... you can get the deluxe P-51 on amazon, 2 pack for about 2 bucks... sometimes they have them in camping or sporting goods dept. or stores. Sounds like you may be good to go for a while now though... unless it's a limited warranty .. :D

Last edited:

kathiesgarden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love to cook, so it's hard to find just one or two favorites so I'll just mention the tools that I use most often. I have this crappy old bench scraper that I love. It's such a simple thing, but is a go to tool for me. The other favorite is a set of knives my husband made for me. Any cook knows how great really sharp knives can be, and these are wonderful. I have small hands, so the handles are made to fit me and he keeps the edges really sharp. I love kitchen gadgets. I saw the 60's saladmaster above. LOVE IT.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a "Farberware" special stainless steel boning knife with 6" blade that I have used to dispatch/butcher and cut up all types of barnyard animals as well as daily use in the kitchen since 1966 . I also have a "Dexter" 12" sharpening fine file and a 14" round fine sharpening stone to keep the knife in extra sharp shape . I purchased all of them at the same time. :cool: