Where Were You on This Date, 1972?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gingko biloba is good for memory and concentration. You know, I'm only 36, but I need some of that! The other day, DD6 and I were walking downtown and saw some pretty flowers still blooming in this cold weather and for the life of me I could not come up with the name PANSIES to tell her what they were. What's up with that? :hu

Ginseng is a male herb. (Ladies don't need it or usually take it.) It is purported to support energy, vitality and general health and well-being.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not much gonna help me. I deal with short term memory loss due to MS. I have dealt with it most of my life.

I got seriously ill with pneumonia back in 90, I think it was. Ended up with a partial lung collapse. Did the hospial admit me?? NO!! They discussed it in the emergency room. Gave me an IV. Then sent me home with a manual ventilator thingy. Took me 6 months to recover. After I got well....I found out all sorts of things that i had forgotten. How to drive. Where I lived. Etc...etc...etc..... This is me...23 yrs later.

:hide

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I may be a little defensive about my memory. I've never seemed to have had a good one for the short-term. There are continual "false starts" throughout my days as I head off to do one thing and remember what I've forgotten :rolleyes:, return to do that and then, start again.

It seems to be the story of my life. Mom used to chide me about it but she would do the same thing.

Mom began to lose most of her memory in her late 70's & 80's. Ill health probably had a lot to do with it and she'd had a stroke during that time. My aunt was really "addlepated" as she put it herself - pointing at her head and giving a little cluck of the tongue. It must be disturbing to realize that one is losing her or his memory. I have become a little concerned about my own in recent years.

I was in east Texas in early December of 1973, maybe even as early as the 7th and quite possibly in Houston. Do not fault me for not knowing where I was in early December of 1950! I mean, I was a little kid and that was 63 years ago. Hoodat? Where were you in December of 1950?

Steve

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
dewdropsinwv said:
Don't know where I was on this day in '72, I was just a baby. :D
I was sitting in the living room watching the launch.

<<< cradle robber :rolleyes:

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was so busy yesterday that I forgot to look up those herbs for memory improvement! :rolleyes: I'll have to look into that later today.

But you're right, Journey, Gingko is one of them. And aren't those Tansies? I'm confused now... :/

It been forever since I've seen any Ginseng plants growing around here...

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Yabut what an opportunity to save the teeth!

(But i suppose i'd have to learn how to text and play computer games... :gig )
I actually have no idea how to text. :p

I only play computer games on occasion.

Fred

Leafing Out
Reaction score
In '72 I was disgusted at having to help out in the garden,
and did everything to avoid it.
Thought it was something only old folks could be interested in.
Been a transformation since then...

During the lunar expedition years I remember staring hard at the moon
wondering if I might see some man-made movement.
Nope. Nothing.
Maybe I was just looking at the wrong time, eh?

Fred

Latest posts