Witer time again.... and the yearly fight

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My cars have all just been front wheel drive lately, and I am amazed at what they will drive through. You see a lot of 4-wheel drive vehicles in the ditch, but I think it is about 75% operator error or inexperience.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never really liked 4 wheel drive. Experience shows you can just get stuck deeper and farther out!!!
I have to disagree I had a 4 wheel drive mazda truck went though anything had to switch 4 low and 4 high. Have a all wheel drive Moutaineer that is in all wheel all time also gone though foot of snow no problem. Bad tires or people thinking they don't have to be slow and careful, why you see them on side of road. Last year Ny got snow every couple of days. I never had country house driveway plowed, Moutaineer went though about 2feet frozen snow in drive way. Good tires and slow driving will get you though unplowed roads

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have to disagree I had a 4 wheel drive mazda truck went though anything had to switch 4 low and 4 high. Have a all wheel drive Moutaineer that is in all wheel all time also gone though foot of snow no problem. Bad tires or people thinking they don't have to be slow and careful, why you see them on side of road. Last year Ny got snow every couple of days. I never had country house driveway plowed, Moutaineer went though about 2feet frozen snow in drive way. Good tires and slow driving will get you though unplowed roads
I do not disagree, but when the kids think 4 wheels and mud will be fun it usually means STUCK.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee hear you. Can't fix stupid. Getting stuck and telling the stories HOW you got out is the fun. Unless stuck in farmer's field and he catches you--then parents start whining about how it isn't my baby's fault and why does he have to pay damages......

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree that 4WDs are way ahead of standard vehicles in bad road conditions. My little girly truck is just standard and even with 300 pounds of sandbags in the back in winter it's easy to get stuck if I'm not super careful.
No comparison at all with dh's Wrangler, or the kids vehicles.

My husbands Jeep is like a little tractor, and has pulled the 1 ton crewcab we used to have out of a ditch.

I just thought it was funny that I was so much more relaxed thinking I had the 4 wheel in gear, when come to find out it wasn't working.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dew you might want to think about getting a 4 wheel drive. You willn't believe the snow I have driven in with my all wheel drive.

I had a 4 whl drive but the transfer case and tranny went out in it. I loved that Durango!!! I am looking at getting another car in a couple of years..... not sure what to get right now, but it will have either 4 wheel drive of all wheel drive. When I had my Durango, I wasnt afraid of going anywhere in it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a 4 whl drive but the transfer case and tranny went out in it. I loved that Durango!!! I am looking at getting another car in a couple of years..... not sure what to get right now, but it will have either 4 wheel drive of all wheel drive. When I had my Durango, I wasnt afraid of going anywhere in it.

Tranny problems seem to be common with Dodges for some reason....
uh oh....I probably just offended all the Dodge lovers... :hide

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
innocently whistling..........

254 Ice Cream Truck Melted.jpg

Hey Bay! Would you like some help shoveling?

Latest posts