Witer time again.... and the yearly fight

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can't believe it!!!!!! It only took 4 phone calls and one week to get a state truck out here!!!!! I probably wont see another truck all winter now.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dew what I do even with all wheel drive, is get 2 60 pound bags of sand ($3.48 each) and put in back of car. Extra weight helps with traction and if you get stuck sand will help.

Last edited:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, or cat litter. I have even used wild bird seed for traction. The cheap kind with lots of cracked corn works best, and no mess to worry about after it melts.
All I had was oyster shell calcium for my chickens, last time the back patio was icy. It worked well, but I tracked stuff inside.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can not believe it!!!! Yesterday we had a surprise birthday party for my daddy... He turned 75 on the 20th. When we came home I noticed the state road had been out here and plowed our road.... and very lightly cindered it:celebrate. I guess we are making a little progress:weee. Now depending on what happens tonight into tomorrow, I may have another fight on my hands.:hu

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well here we go again. I wandered around the neighbor hood today to see how the roads looked sice we got snow last night.
This is what I found..... as usual
The first picture is the road we live on, the second one is the road we take into town. And the last one is the same road we use to get into town, but the other direction.

Attachments

• DSC02053.JPG
    DSC02053.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC02062.JPG
    DSC02062.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC02064.JPG
    DSC02064.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 152

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The two 'to town' roads are not terribly bad for winter driving if you just had a snowfall. The road to your house looks as if it isn't connected to the other roads. Any chance the township thinks that's your long driveway instead of a public road?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Living in the Midwest those roads look very doable! Until there is ice or drifting the side roads are not likely to see a county truck.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The two 'to town' roads are not terribly bad for winter driving if you just had a snowfall. The road to your house looks as if it isn't connected to the other roads. Any chance the township thinks that's your long driveway instead of a public road?

No that's a public road, just not a main thourough fair... it's considered a "secondary road" and we dont get treated until the middle of the night or sometimes the next day.... if we are lucky. Our drive way .... well I have to beg them to even cinder it.

Latest posts