Your Weather 2023

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am also tired of the endless rain over here across the Atlantic. Today the sun is shining though, a welcome relief from overcast skies and cold rain. Looks like a good day to take down the Christmas tree and haul it up into our woods for the forest critters to nest in. I will miss it.
It's been non stop rain here to. We qre having a break here right now but I had bedt not say that to loudly or it will rain again

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Screenshot_20240103_152802_Chrome.jpg

Where's the Snow?​

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

not much in Sierra's yet...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
At one point yesterday, I went out to the backsteps and swept about an inch of slush off of them. It was something of a difficult job for a broom but it was the extent of my snow removal. The temperature from the start of the day was above freezing and, altho the continued off and on ... with a little rain accompanying it, it was all gone by the end of the day. That is, except for what slid off the car in the shade.

There has been a "pile" of snow where I threw it while shoveling on the 9th & 10th of December. I assessed it's size and determined that it is just about the size of a Subway sandwich. What slid off the car amounts to about 2 sandwiches worth. It is 27°f (-3°C) right now and, with no sun, may not rise above freezing. But, there's little chance of snow until tomorrow.

So ... 30 days after that December snow storm – the snow sandwich beside the driveway and the 2 snow sandwiches in the driveway will have to wait for some more snow cover that stays around. And, it should altho a lot of wind is predicted for Tuesday. The Weather Service is suggesting what may be a 0° (-18°C) morning before the end of this week. It's still been a warm start to Winter but mountain snow cover, at least, will benefit from what is predicted.

Steve