Your Weather, 2024

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
forecast 58F and sunny today with plenty of breeze.

this is so wrong. :( no snow...

p.s. i've killed one mosquito inside the house last week and i now see one outside on the window...

Last edited:

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
forecast 58F and sunny today with plenty of breeze.

this is so wrong. :( no snow...

p.s. i've killed one mosquito inside the house last week and i now see one outside on the window...
It has been a very warm January and now February also here. It feels more like April!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
people saying some spring flowers are up already. it is normal for us to be a little behind the city folk because we don't have so much cement, roads and building around to soak up heat.

i should go out and look around tomorrow and see if any are up yet. the earliest is normally the blue bulb irises... crocuses are often not too far behind. hmm... dark now, not going out there, boogey bears...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And the Rain did Fall.

Just below freezing right now with dense fog – the airport has had 1/8th to 1/4th mile visibility since midnight. We have had just above average rainfall for these first days of February so, after sliding to a deficit in January, we are again a little above average as in December.

Not quite where we need to be for higher elevation conditions. I was relieved to see that the nearest Snotel station recorded the recent precipitation as snow, about 7 inches :). This puts that 4,000 foot mountain back to 75% of normal. The interactive map must be in the process of being updated right now so I can't see how the mountain snow situation is generally for the Pacific NW but I think that this might have been a snow situation and a PLUS instead of the continuing Winter melting of recent days.

Maybe we can hold onto this mountain snow awhile with some cooler temperatures. The farmers at lower elevations must have been happy with the nearly steady rain that should have had a chance to soak in now that our soil has thawed. Winter wheat --- need to maintain that soil moisture.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
going to be a mess today:

forecast says:

=====
Snow showers, possibly mixed with rain showers and sleet before noon, then rain and snow showers between noon and 1pm. High near 38. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 11 to 16 mph becoming west northwest 18 to 23 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of around 4 inches.
=====

but what is interesting is that Mom said when she got up this morning there was no snow on the ground and now there's two inches already. rain and high wind on top of this will possibly take down a lot of power lines and make the roads really slippery.

i'm going to go fill up the buckets with water (they've been sitting there with water in them long enough that half the water has evaporated so they can use a refresh anyways).

at the moment the snow is a big improvement over the gray and brown and a little green that we were seeing before.

first snowplow just went by...

Last edited:

Latest posts