2015 journal of the gardens

jasonvivier

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Growing in the city has it's challenges but this food forest garden handles them well.

tumblr_nrjea4XH7h1uo6e43o1_1280.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is truly amazing. During my mis-spent youth period in Portland, Oregon there were many neighborhoods with front yard veggie gardens. Yours is every bit a awesome as those. Are you in a neighborhood where the veggies stay until you pick them or do some of them go wandering alone.

I remember some Oregonians saying that anything reachable from their sidewalk was free for the taking.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My grandma grew tomatoes in front yard, then used any thing to stake them. Broom handles to hockey sticks, she would never pay money for stakes. But in all fairness several others on block did same.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the other day coming back from a drug test, took a side street to get back saw a wonderful frontyard garden with no trespassing signs posted noticed another sign hand painted went around the block to read it "trespassers beware protected by rock salt".... times have changed ...

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy where do we come up with the money to do all that testing? Even if we limited it to those with a history of drug related offenses it's still a large chunk of change to make that a reality.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
16 years you had to pass a drug test so you could WORK for a paycheck. Welfare no test just check. something wrong here.
Agree but welfare cheaper to pay for Government than jails. People are going to either live off of government or steal. Rich will pay to be left alone-they will whine but they will pay.