2015 Little Easy Bean Network - Old Beans Should Never Die !

VA_LongBean

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, Admire Snitbonen and Mammoth Golden Cluster appear to all have rotted. The survivors will be planted out in the garden tomorrow evening. I'll plant out the pots of the 8 survivors tomorrow evening when I get home from work. Should I go ahead and plant the seeds I held back or reserve them against disaster?

NancyJ10x

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have grown several types of beans. I enjoy gardening but beans are my obsession! I have three acres in my back yard and I keep making my husband rototill more of it every year. I would like to try Flor de Mayo, Yoeme Pastel Eye, Pink Podded Burgundy Bolitas, Fanomen, Badda di Polizzi Blanda Long Seeded, Dow Purple Pod and Wrens Egg if you still have those available!

Thanks
Nancy

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @VA_LongBean,

Do you need some more seed to replace the Admire Snitbonen, and Mammoth Golden Cluster. I might have more seed from Hal or Marshall of the Mammoth Golden Cluster. To replace the AS you could pick something off the new bean photos, or would you like me to pick something for you?

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @NancyJ10x !

I have seed of all those varieties and will get them out to you soon. Wow ! thank you again so much for joining us and for taking so many of the varieties to grow. Please PM me your address, or email me at upadam@comcast.net

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@NancyJ10x you have come to the right place if you are crazy about growing beans!! You have the opportunity to start a rare bean collection or add to the one you already have. There is another member here, @marshallsmyth who recently had one of life's upsets and lost his job and home, who is another bean collector with an extensive collection. His collection is safe with a TEG member while he gets situated and can get his garden going again. And there is @Pulsegleaner who is a wealth of information, her knowledge is astounding. Anything and everything you ever wanted to know about bean varieties, how to grow them, cook them, and just admire them is available to you right here on TEG. We are delighted to have you here!

NancyJ10x

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your welcome. I am looking forward to this year's gardening season!
Nancy