2017 Little Easy Bean Network – Everything Beans, Post It Here & Join The Fun

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is there anyone here in our bean circle who has "Woods Mountain Crazy Beans" that would be willing to sell some to a Seed Savers Exchange member in Richmond, Virginia? There is no one in SSE listing the bean at least not this year.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Russ, just so you know. I'm in the process of moving to south Louisiana to get nearer to the grandkids so I have no idea what I will be growing this year, beans or anything else. We have not sold this place yet nor have we started looking so a lot is up in the air. So don't expect much from me this year, I'll just have to play it by ear. I'm really confident I will not be getting any beans from you to grow.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 , I'm sure someone in our bean circle on your side of the border has them and can help out but if not I have seed in the freezer, last grown in 2014 but seed is mixed with seed from two previous years, mine came from the original source.
It's always iffy sending from here but if all else fails give me a shout and I'll give it a try, the fingers crossed method :).

Annette

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@aftermidnight, Will wait and see for awhile if I get any responses. If not I will send you a USDA import label in April to get some of the beans from you. The label will get them here without any doubts.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner, Do what you have to do and don't worry about getting any beans from me to grow this year if you can't. Your plans to move will be whatever it's going to be. The long range benefit will be that maybe you can grow some of the long season limas like Madagascar.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

rdback

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Northern Shenandoah Valley of VA - Zone 6B
Is there anyone here in our bean circle who has "Woods Mountain Crazy Beans" that would be willing to sell some to a Seed Savers Exchange member in Richmond, Virginia? There is no one in SSE listing the bean at least not this year.

@Bluejay77 Hummm. There's at least three folks listing them this year, including Zeedman and me. Just let me know what you're looking for.