2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
African Premier pods at their most beautiful prime. Two plants, flowerpot grown.

African Premier Pods #1.JPG

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@reedy, Got your seed return in the mail yesterday. Again I have to say what beautiful seeds they are. Tkank you for all your work. Did you ever figure out anything about the Red Wolf If it was a semi runner or true bush?

In other news I'm doing what flowerbug has been doing lately. Harvesting leathery pods and shelling them to get them out of those damp pods. Nothing new to me I had to do that on a number of occasions dating back to the late 1970's. We had 5 inches of rain last night combined from two really severe weather events one at 10 pm with super cells imbeded in all the high cloud tops. Then another even more intense storm at 2 am that it rained so hard I thought it was never going to stop. Supposed to be very warm next week also.

i'm not getting anything else done this week by the looks of it. tomorrow i guess we're gonna haul bricks even if it is raining.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm curious about what browsers everyone uses to look at websites with and what operating system do you have. I added another page to the Network on my website and so wound up having to retest all the network pages various browers. I'm having a tough time getting things to look right with Internet Explorer. I have version #11. I switched the browser over to compatible mode. The easiest browser to style a website for in my opinion is Google Chrome.

I've been working at this all day long for the last three days in between harvesting leathery pods so the rain doesn't ruin seed.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 i use Mozilla Firefox here.

in looking at the Network Bean page #3 i see these beans that look identical to me and i'm curious if anyone has grown all of these to know they are different or if they are all actually the same bean?

Purple Diamond
Purple Dove
Purple Rain
Purple Rose
Purple Rose Creek

reedy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
SE Indiana on a narrow ridge above the Ohio River
@Bluejay77, I'll take some pic
@reedy, Got your seed return in the mail yesterday. Again I have to say what beautiful seeds they are. Tkank you for all your work. Did you ever figure out anything about the Red Wolf If it was a semi runner or true bush?

@Bluejay77, I'll take some pictures and you can help decide about the Red Wolf. All plants that survived the deer attack and drought to make seeds are climbing vines. Question is whether or not some are Red Wolf. I think some are but the color is significantly different than those I saved from the ones you sent. I remember you saying that can happen between fresh seed and older seed. Anyway I'll post the pictures later.

I didn't get much from the back garden but I'm excited over what I did get. Those that did make did it after recovering from being completely defoliated by the deer and with no watering at all. There are some final pods out there now, nice long fat ones completely free of blemishes. They have faint pink coloring mixed in as they dry.

No problem with pods drying this year. We have had about 35 inches of rain since first of June but now it is dry dry dry and Hot!. It rained almost every day June 1 - 21 for total of about 20 inches, most of it in two or three downpours. Then no more till around middle of July with 11 inches one evening. Then another 1 & 1/2 inches about middle of August. I would rather not have a super-cell storms but if a little of your rain drifts our way, I'd be fine with that.

reedy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
SE Indiana on a narrow ridge above the Ohio River
I'm curious about what browsers everyone uses to look at websites with and what operating system do you have. I added another page to the Network on my website and so wound up having to retest all the network pages various browers. I'm having a tough time getting things to look right with Internet Explorer. I have version #11. I switched the browser over to compatible mode. The easiest browser to style a website for in my opinion is Google Chrome.

I've been working at this all day long for the last three days in between harvesting leathery pods so the rain doesn't ruin seed.

My computers are running Windows 10. I usually use Goggle Chrome as my browser. I do web sites for a couple small businesses and feel your pain on getting a site to look the same across all the jillions of computer systems and versions, not to mention I-pads and smart phones.
Do you use an editor to make your site or write the code yourself?

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
My computers are running Windows 10. I usually use Goggle Chrome as my browser. I do web sites for a couple small businesses and feel your pain on getting a site to look the same across all the jillions of computer systems and versions, not to mention I-pads and smart phones.
Do you use an editor to make your site or write the code yourself?

I hand code everything myself. Internet Explorer is hard one right now. I have explorer 11 and it's the worst version I've ever had to deal with.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hand code everything myself. Internet Explorer is hard one right now. I have explorer 11 and it's the worst version I've ever had to deal with.

coding it all by hand is what i used to do, but for making updates it was getting to be too much.

so i did eventually finally convert my website to an automatic static generator. however, i've not been updating as the developer of the templates has been making changes so i'm now behind and need to put some work into either finding a new template and redoing it or making the changes - that is a winter project for sure - and i need a new camera first so that's gotta happen too...

Latest posts