2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes I do have a list of beans that need a grow out. I got some that I have acquired last year and have not put them on the website. A grow out could improve the appearance of most of the seeds of these varieties. Then I could photo the fresh seed when it comes back and put them up on the web pages.

I think all these beans on the list are pole beans. If anyone is interested in a list of unlisted bush beans that I have that could be grown out post it here on the thread and I'll make up the list of bush beans.

1.) Frost - The photo is on the Network pages
2.) Norridgewock - Looks similar to Frost. This bean was the seed mother of a bunch of the Will Bonsall outcrosses that I got in 2015.

3.) Monachine - Pole - The seeds looks a lot like Peruvian Goose which is pictured on the website on page pa-sa.
4.) Rosa's Bean - Photo is on one of the network pages.
5.) Skunk Bean - Photo is on Network 4 page.
6.) Geradi.............................................7.) Seneca Strawberry - A genuine native american bean
Geradi.jpg Seneca Strawberry.jpg

8.) Seneca Bird Egg Blue - Similar looking seed to my Bird Egg Blue but this one is a pole variety I got from a lady in Australia
9.) Smith Osborne..........................................10.) Tan Six Weeks smith-osborne.jpgtan-six-weeks.jpg

11.) Nova Star - One of Marshall Smyth's original bean who encouraged me to start this bean network. photo is on Network page 3.
12.) Nova Star Segregation - Photo is also on Network page 3.
13.) Powder Star - Photo is also on Network page 3.
14.) Snow Star - Photo is on Network page 4.
15.) Blue Ribbon.....................................16.) Brown Eyed Bobby
Blue Ribbon Pole.jpgBrown Eyed Bobby.jpg
17.)Croatian Monstrance...........................18.) Gout de Chataingne de Echenans
Croatian Monstrance.jpgGout de Chataingne de Echenans.jpg
19.)Doty India #1.....................................20.) Fagiolo de Angelo Impenia
Doty India #1.jpgFagiolo de Angelo Impenia.jpg

To Be Continued On The Next Post

Last edited:

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
21.) Fisher Bird Egg................................ 22.) Grany
Fisher Bird Egg.jpgGranny.jpg
23.) Kermit's Smokey Mountain - Grown- Grown by the last person to ever live in the Smokey Mt National Park
Kermits Smoky Mountain.jpg
24.) Grey Eyed Greasy.............................25.) Hallados Grandos
Grey Eyed Greasy.jpgHallados Grandos.jpg
26.) Lewis County Fall Bean
Lewis County Fall.jpg

Last edited:

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will get a list of bush beans and semi runners that could stand renewing later today.

I need to set up germination test today on 2012, 2013, and 2014 seed. I got people buying seed from off my website and in some cases the only seed I have is from these years.

Lady0bug

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 I can grow out the varieties you suggested and a few more. :) Let me know if these are available. Also no need to rush sending this out in the mail... there is still snow on the ground here. I am hoping it all melts this week as I am missing the crocus show.

Grow-outs
1) Purple Diamond
2) Alice Sunshine
3) Buckskin Girl
4) Koronis Gold
5) Princess Rose
6) Prince Purple
7) Wadena
8) Flossie Powell - Lima
9) Honey Keygold - Wax
10) Eden Prairie - Have fresh seed already from growing out the bonus seed you sent last year. Got a good yield, probably over 200 seeds. If you need 2018 seed now, I can send you some and/or I will plant again and send them back this year. Let me know.

Bonus Seed - If you would like me to send any seed back so there is fresh seed available, I'm happy to do so. Let me know.
1) Wanamingo
2) Purple Stardust
3) Victoria Brown Eyes
4) Fort Portal Jade
5) Little Brown Cat

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i finally got things mostly pared down from before so finally i can start my selections for this coming planting season - i say mostly because i still have way too many brown beans and decided to give up until this coming winter on consolidating them further.

each box top is a particular theme i am working on.

Before:

p2210014_Bean_Sorting_thm.jpg

After:
p4150005_Bean_Sorting_Fin_thm.jpg

Latest posts