2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey! I grew Ram’s horn this year (not seed from you- from a swap) and look at what the trellis threw me! Talk about a mix. The pods didn’t look all that different from the outside either! Very prolific for me- just like you said.

Wow ! that is something. The Gray beans with the black stripes are your Ramshorn. The other ones are outcrossed seed.

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A few more photos of my beans from this year.

Algonquin Fisher
AlgonquinFisherTEBN.jpg

Fasola z Orzełkiem
FasolazOrzełkiemTEBN.jpg

Florida Speckled
FloridaSpeckledTEBN.jpg

Laliberte
LaliberteTebn.jpg

Blue Shackamaxon
BlueShackamaxonTEBN.jpg

Jacob's Cattle
Jacob'sCattleTEBN.jpg

Jacob's Cattle Gold
Jacob'sCattleGoldTEBN.jpg

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Decoy1,

Hey, Hey, Hey ! A box of beans from the United Kingdom arrived in the mail box today Via the USDA in California. Thank you for the beautiful extra beans. You did a wonderful job of making the labels and package list. Wow ! Thank you again for what you did. I will tell you this. I have never grown Jacob's Cattle that even comes close to looking like yours. I have other beans that have a very similar coloring and pattern that will come out looking that good. Just not JC. I think I will just save yours to look at. You know I would love to have you grow some Ernie's Big Eye. They look just spectacular when grown in the UK.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Artorius i agree with @Bluejay77 those are some beautiful beans! :) i'm officially jealous! lol

the Algonquin Fisher look like the bean Fisher that i grew this past season and those look so much nicer than most of the ones i grew, also the bean Laliberte looks like Bomba that i grew. except again much nicer. i had a lot of small ones that didn't form properly. i can just imagine that these beans do not like heavy soil. some i grow don't mind it at all. which to me is funny, i mean, a bean is a bean so they should all grow well in the same soils right? nope... lol it is a part of what makes this fun for me to learn which will do well here and which will be good to pass on to others. :) cheers!

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bluejay, Flowerbug, thank you for good words.
These beans and others are beans from this year. I am satisfied with them, but it could have been better. As I wrote earlier, there was drought and heat in my region in late spring and summer. Beans lost a lot of flowers and small pods. The periods of drought were interrupted by sudden heavy rains. At that time, pods cracked from the excess water. Just like these Stoltzfus String pods. I had some problems.
DSCN6190.jpg

Flowerbug, Algonquin Fisher and Fisher are the same beans. Laliberte or Pois-fave Laliberte is a family bean from Quebec.
My beans grow in a place where long ago it had to be a swamp. At a depth of about 2 feet my soil smells like silt.

Last edited:

Latest posts