2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

MinnesotaGardening

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Have any of you grown the Sacre Bleu Bean? I grew it out last year. It was developed by Lisa Bloodnick, and I got it via Experimental Farm Network. I'm trying to figure out what its best used for. Obviously it is beautiful, but is it any good for eating, etc?
IMG_20191017_134039688.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have any of you grown the Sacre Bleu Bean? I grew it out last year. It was developed by Lisa Bloodnick, and I got it via Experimental Farm Network. I'm trying to figure out what its best used for. Obviously it is beautiful, but is it any good for eating, etc? View attachment 34285

the closest i have to that color is some of the Blaugraue get that shade. first time i grew them last year. will grow again to see if they'll do better once they adapt to our soils/conditions.

MinnesotaGardening

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
the closest i have to that color is some of the Blaugraue get that shade. first time i grew them last year. will grow again to see if they'll do better once they adapt to our soils/conditions.

I cant find anything about your Blaugraue bean. Did you get it from the network, or where? It is a bush or pole? Dry or snap?

I am going to grow some September Blue for the network here this upcoming summer. I'm interested to see how their color compares. Looking at the dry seed of September Blue I can see the blue, and its dark like Sacre Bleu gets as it dries. But I don't need to save a whole jar of Sacre Bleu, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to use them. They are supposedly Kidney-like, so I guess I'll do a couple of soaks and see what I end up with cooking them.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess I'll do a couple of soaks and see what I end up with cooking them.

That's kind of my philosophy. Welcome suggestions from others but make my final judgement based on what I see, not what others say I should see. We all have different tastes.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cant find anything about your Blaugraue bean. Did you get it from the network, or where? It is a bush or pole? Dry or snap?

I am going to grow some September Blue for the network here this upcoming summer. I'm interested to see how their color compares. Looking at the dry seed of September Blue I can see the blue, and its dark like Sacre Bleu gets as it dries. But I don't need to save a whole jar of Sacre Bleu, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to use them. They are supposedly Kidney-like, so I guess I'll do a couple of soaks and see what I end up with cooking them.

it's a network bean from @Bluejay77 aka Russ. pole bean. there are some gray tones to the colors but then some of them get as bright blue as what you have too.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'd certainly be happy to take some for the color alone if you want to send them around. :) i'd be happy to trade. :)

in terms of edibility, i've yet to find any dry beans from all that i've grown that i didn't like. i never bother to soak them before cooking.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @MinnesotaGardening,

Nice to see you here. The more people that join our bean chats the more fun this gets.

For a more private chat for exchaning addresses etc you can mouse over the person's screen name and a dialog box will open and you can click on start conversation.