2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grew the Sacre Bleu in 2018. I had it in my backyard flower bed up against the house. It didn't produce a lot of seed, but then it only got full sun from about 1:30 in the afternoon until about 6:00 pm. This year I'm hoping to try it in full sun or as full as my location will permit. It will be many more hours of sun than what it got in 2018.

September Blue still needs selecting. I've picked the most blue seeds from about three grow outs so far. The bean is actually a segregation of a tan colored bean. So it still might throw off some tan seeds. This past season it produced about 50% blue beans. It is getting better at being blue.

MinnesotaGardening

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I grew the Sacre Bleu in 2018. I had it in my backyard flower bed up against the house. It didn't produce a lot of seed, but then it only got full sun from about 1:30 in the afternoon until about 6:00 pm. This year I'm hoping to try it in full sun or as full as my location will permit. It will be many more hours of sun than what it got in 2018.

September Blue still needs selecting. I've picked the most blue seeds from about three grow outs so far. The bean is actually a segregation of a tan colored bean. So it still might throw off some tan seeds. This past season it produced about 50% blue beans. It is getting better at being blue.

I had Sacre Bleu in full sun. It was a cool, wet year, but it still produced pretty well.

I'm excited to see what I get from September Blue. Hopefully it is even better than 50% this grow out!

reedy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
SE Indiana on a narrow ridge above the Ohio River
Haven't checked in here for awhile, better get on the stick I guess if I want to get any new beans. A big thing I want to focus on this year is just growing lots of dry beans for next winter.

Gonna do a big grow out of my "Escapee" beans, an off type of Refugee that I liked so much and a bunch of the regular Refugee too. Escapee has bigger straighter pods and bigger solid brown beans but that same great flavor as Refugee.

Escapee are only two or three generations in so may still get some more new ones if I grow enough, lots will be eaten or canned as green beans though so some may never be found.

JosephSimcox

Sprout
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am the person who introduced the Princess Kutasi Bean, It was collected from old farm ladies in Kutasi, Georgia ( The former Soviet; Republic of Georgia). Absolutely amazingly beautiful bean that is very vigorous and very productive. An amazing bean. Always looking for rare beans as I am working on a book on Beans of the world! you can always send emails to me directly if you have something perfect! simcox2@mac.caom

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am the person who introduced the Princess Kutasi Bean, It was collected from old farm ladies in Kutasi, Georgia ( The former Soviet; Republic of Georgia). Absolutely amazingly beautiful bean that is very vigorous and very productive. An amazing bean. Always looking for rare beans as I am working on a book on Beans of the world! you can always send emails to me directly if you have something perfect! simcox2@mac.caom

weclome to TEG and the bean threads! :) there is a ton of interesting reading and pictures even back in the beginning threads... i was surprised to see your name show up here that is for sure. haha.

something perfect? all beans are perfect... new crosses are always interesting.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Glad you are here, Mr. Simcox. As the originator of a great many of the more esoteric seeds that have come into our community over the last few years there are a LOT of questions about them you might be in a good position to provide answers to.

Latest posts