2020 shortages

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Talked to DD yesterday, she is thinking that they will go virtual after Thanksgiving. Lubbock, El Paso and Midland (right up against Odessa) are shut down. It's only a matter of time. We are debating Thanksgiving. This sucks.

yeah, we told my brother that we'd come over for TG if they all remain healthy and are continuing to be careful.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I intend to stock up on 6 months worth of necessities before the end of November. They are a LOT of non perishables that will keep nicely, if kept dry.
If our government keeps us locked up and taxes increase, there will be deals, but nobody will have the $ to spend on them.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We have invited a newbie to our state over for Thanksgiving. She doesn't have close family here, AND will drive home to be with her kids for Christmas.
Many times in the past we have had guests like this. We only want them to bring themselves and share in our joy.
OUR stupid Commie Governor only wants 10 people in the same room. We won't meet that threashhold.

Last edited:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
yeah, we told my brother that we'd come over for TG if they all remain healthy and are continuing to be careful.
DW & I have only been visiting one of our two sons, because he works from home & was extra cautious - but regardless of precautions, he & his GF came down with Covid. :(

I think the community spread in our county is so bad that going ANYWHERE right now is risky... 150-200 new cases per day for more than two weeks now, and some hospitals locally are nearing capacity. DW & I shop only when necessary, and then try to get in & out within 5 minutes. My only suggestion is that there should be greater effort into producing enough N-95 masks here to protect everyone at risk, I don't understand why that hasn't happened by now. Other than that, I really don't think there is anything Govt can do to stop this virus, that wouldn't be equally or more destructive in the long run. The only sure thing about being locked down forever is that millions of lives are being ruined, and good jobs & businesses beyond count are being lost forever. My loathing for those who released this plague into the world knows no bounds.

We still talk to the neighbors (all of whom are 60+) over the fence, or across the street. Everyone is getting tired of being in perpetual crisis mode, with no end in sight. Our family has always been close, we would see most of them weekly ever since they grew up & started families of their own - but not since March. DD#1 (who is fearful of bringing Covid to us) will visit & talk to us from the driveway. We visit & talk to DD#2 in her back yard too... but winter will soon make it too cold for outdoor conversations. I've never been a fan of cell phones, but they are our only way of staying in touch with family now.

We have no worries regarding food & essentials, we've been stocked up since this situation began, and could last for months if necessary. Obviously I hope it doesn't come to that.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the virus was not "released", but it was allowed to spread via an economic system which relies upon unquarantined travel of people. so you can say truthfully that the economy did it to itself (aided by other factors which i won't go into here).

Last edited:

Latest posts