2021 Little Easy Bean Network - Bean Lovers Come Discover Something New !

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I planted the 39-B's I got five different segregations. As you can see the photo quality is horrible. The brown bean in the middle is the bean I planted. It doesn't look like any of these segregations. I called the tan with dark stripes on the top right Jas, a half-runner climbing bean. I called the black bean to the left Banzala, a bush bean. Every time I planted these they repeated. I consider them stabilized. I put these in here just so you know it is possible for them to stabilize. Otherwise this might get discouraging.

39B All Beans.JPG
I really like the two beans on the bottom. Did you try to regrow them?

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
if you want a sample sent to you and are having @Bluejay77 send you a package have him include some if he still has them. :) it would be a hoot to say those have made it overseas. :) if you like Huey have him include some of those too, those are much more stable and the form i am after (more bush and early).

haha, funny, sorry @Bluejay77 if you don't really want to do this, it is ok, but i'm amused at the thought for sure. :)

Thank you @flowerbug. I am happy to test your varieties. I can always find a place for cool beans in the garden. At most, I will dig a piece of the lawn. The lawns are overrated.:)

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is interesting....now I'm really curious to grow this bean again. Your upper photo looks a bit like mini Sadie's Horse Beans, in that there is so much variation. Sadie's has has pure white seed, beige seed with brown speckles and the pinks with different black speckles and marks.

I was wondering which runner beans to plant this year. I'll plant Sadie's Horse. I have a sample in the freezer. It is also multi-colored. There are no black seeds, but I saw them on the photos of this bean on the Internet.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you @flowerbug. I am happy to test your varieties. I can always find a place for cool beans in the garden. At most, I will dig a piece of the lawn. The lawns are overrated.:)

we are together on that for sure. :) great on the beans going overseas. i'll feel very international when that happens, like i've come up in the world. haha. :)

Latest posts