2021 Little Easy Bean Network - Bean Lovers Come Discover Something New !

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Grandma Robert’s Purple Pole are doing good, I’ve canned 27 pints. Cassies Purple Pod are just starting to produce, we’ve had a pot of them for several meals. The purple pole from @flowerbug , only a few came up and grass hoppers have stacked! Purple Dove did not get planted. Many things this year did not get planted due to screwy weather. I kept seed back from all the varieties in case of crop failure due to weather. My garden is sparse this year. I only have yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes that aren’t doing much, and the beans growing in it now. I actually BOUGHT tomatoes yesterday! :th On a bright note, the Painted Mountain corn did very well although I lost some due to heavy rain when it was drying. I picked it all, shucked it and am letting it dry in the house. Not bean related but at least something was a success! Lol @Zeedman how is yours doing?

We had our granddaughters and their 3 dogs for almost 2 weeks while their parents skipped off to Italy for a much needed vacation. I didn’t get the Grandma Robert’s picked much and was rewarded with a bunch of seedy pods. I picked some for seed, it’s drying and I picked some as shelling fresh beans. Going to can them with green beans, yellow squash, zucchini and those side of the road vegetable stand tomatoes today as soup. LOL

Painted Mountain corn

F2987307-C110-44A0-ABAE-E28897C68297.jpeg

Grandma Robert’s Purple Pole Beans

BB9D1036-8258-4FBC-A4C3-FE8AC9B3CCDC.jpeg

E928CCD3-6F52-4945-9E1B-8DF3F4F3498C.jpeg

I shall omit the pictures of ragweed and lambs quarters plus various other bodacious weeds that are having quite the frolic in my beleaguered garden. :barnie

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi @Marie2020 , I'm in the UK too. :frow
That's really surprising, we live in opposite worlds- I don't know anyone who doesn't grow them!

It's not too late to sow beans now, if you choose the right variety and microclimate.

If you have a polytunnel, greenhouse or some kind of frame that would help them immensely with this miserable weather we are having, but they aren't a necessity.

I've outdoor sown a quick-ripening dwarf French like Beurre de Rocquencourt in July with success in previous seasons, so I'd definitely recommend them.

If you're interested, after this year's seed harvest I can help you get started with some good heritage climbing varieties adapted to the Isles.

Please be aware that beans can and will take over your life and assets.
Thanks too @baymule I found this post :love

I tried to call these people earlier sadly they can't take messages, probably because they are to busy. What other seeds and plants will they be able to supply?

I'm looking for herbs to grow in tubs garden and baskets

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks too @baymule I found this post :love

I tried to call these people earlier sadly they can't take messages, probably because they are to busy. What other seeds and plants will they be able to supply?

I'm looking for herbs to grow in tubs garden and baskets
Can you look them up on the internet and see if they have an online catalog?

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Trying to stick to phone as much as possible for purchasing. But I would really like more organic.
I can't find a few things with a company that I've already used.

I don't like using the internet due too all the hacking that's gone on.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've just managed too order herbal seeds. Plus rainbow carrots and purple haze carrots seeds.

It was your colourful corn that made me think of these carrots.

We cannot get the coloured corn here or I can't find it.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've just managed too order herbal seeds. Plus rainbow carrots and purple haze carrots seeds.

It was your colourful corn that made me think of these carrots.

We cannot get the coloured corn here or I can't find it.
Try these people, they have some and I THINK they will ship to the UK (if they will ship to the US I can't imagine why they wouldn't to somewhere so much more close.)

Triffid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Kokopelli haven't removed the option to ship here, but it's always been pricey at 17 Euro, which now exceeds the limit of what we can purchase from the EU/Worldwide before a fee and tax are charged (£15).

@Marie2020 Real Seeds stocks the Painted Mountain flour corn. I also grew a few kilos of Magic Manna last year, which is a beautiful selection of Painted Mountain with improved flavour. Seeds available if you want them.

@baymule Stunning harvest, congrats!

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I havested my first bean pods from my Backyard Bean Nursery today 7-28-21. Both Robert Lobitz named beans. Salt Springs Gold and Early Dawn Pinto. That is 38 days from the time I put the seed in the ground. We've had so much sunshine and I've provided water that normally spaced rains would have given. Most first pods on my bush beans are harvested anywhere from 80 to 90 days. Today's pick is a record. Photos of all the seeds harvest this season from all bean plots will be shown here after all have been harvested and dried. That will probably be in Middle of November.

Latest posts