2021 Little Easy Bean Network - Bean Lovers Come Discover Something New !

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
This was a trial shipment to test a new way to deliver the beans to me. Direct shipments to Poland were complicated by the new customs regulations in the EU. The way through my friends in England has proved effective although it will be longer but safer. At least one benefit from Brexit :)

i'm glad it is working out! :)

there is Doctors Without Borders so we can have Bees Without Borders. :)

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 i was just thinking about your issue with not getting some beans returned. i was wondering if you put that as a "wanted" list someplace at the top of the yearly LEBN thread that you'd like any seeds at all of them and perhaps then some people would return them or have them themselves?
I put on each label of each packet of Network beans sent out. Please return 60 quality seeds in the autumn when your beans are dry enough for storage. I don't know how I could make things anymore clear. Perhaps I need to put out a sheet with a seed shipment to new growers. Explaining the importance of returning seed and good seed. Plus a word about if you have a poor season where things didn't go right to communicate with me and let me know. Also a word about not planting all your seed but retain a few seeds for identification of your new crop plus holding back seed in case of a complete grow out failure. I might have to design something like that. I will come up with something with the necessary verbage.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will put up the new 2022 Little Easy Bean Network thread about January 24th or 25th.

Also if anyone is interested in how active this past years thread was I can tell you we crushed all previous years top records. I don't even have to count any of the posts here since January 1st. I will be posting all the statistics in the new thread. Participation was really, really great in 2021. It makes this thread not only more entertaining but informative as well. That is a healthy sign.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kilham Goose - semi runner
Kilham Goose.jpg

@Artorius,

Your Kilham Goose is so beautiful and well filled out. I have grown it once and wasn't crazy about the bean. Lots of shrivled seed and small also. I have sent the bean to Network growers and they all send back the same results I got with the bean. Sent it to my dry bean farmer freind in Idaho who grows certified seed for other bean farmers. He was not impressed with the variety either. He said it must be a bad variety. I got the bean originally from Joseph Simcox "The Bottanical Explorer"

Last edited:

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Kilham Goose - semi runner
Kilham Goose.jpg

@Artorius,

Your Kilham Goose is so beautiful and well filled out. I have grown it once and wasn't crazy about the bean. Lots of shrivled seed and small also. I have sent the bean to Network growers and they all send back the same results I got with the bean. Sent it to my dry bean farmer freind in Idaho who grows certified seed for other bean farmers. He was not impressed with the variety either. He said it must be a bad variety. I got the bean originally from Joseph Simcox "The Bottanical Explorer"

@Bluejay77
I didn't get too many seeds because I only had two plants. This year I will be growing it again, so if you want I can treat it as network bean.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put on each label of each packet of Network beans sent out. Please return 60 quality seeds in the autumn when your beans are dry enough for storage. I don't know how I could make things anymore clear. Perhaps I need to put out a sheet with a seed shipment to new growers. Explaining the importance of returning seed and good seed. Plus a word about if you have a poor season where things didn't go right to communicate with me and let me know. Also a word about not planting all your seed but retain a few seeds for identification of your new crop plus holding back seed in case of a complete grow out failure. I might have to design something like that. I will come up with something with the necessary verbage.

we'll be happy to help. :)

my point though, was that not all seeds you send out are the last ones and the grower won't know that unless you tell them. so while it is important to return the full allotment of seeds if you can and to communicate about what is going on, i think as a grower it is good to know i have the last one(s) (like you did when i grew Red Bollito even if that seed did fail at least i knew to protect it as best i could).

i don't think you need to get long or detailed, just include a slip in there with the last sample saying that if they are worried about success to divide it up and be careful and if really worried keep some back for another try next season or in a different garden spot with more protection.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will put up the new 2022 Little Easy Bean Network thread about January 24th or 25th.

Also if anyone is interested in how active this past years thread was I can tell you we crushed all previous years top records. I don't even have to count any of the posts here since January 1st. I will be posting all the statistics in the new thread. Participation was really, really great in 2021. It makes this thread not only more entertaining but informative as well. That is a healthy sign.

i'm a beanaholic, the only treatment i know is to sort beans in the middle of winter and to plant in fresh warm garden soil come spring. it's been fun to have people talk beans with all year and i'm looking forwards to next growing season too.