2021 Margali's Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule we did and they rejected it. The truss was manufacturing defect. It had a big knot in the wood which cracked.
I guess they think somebody is going to be stupid enough to pay their asking price. It’s a seller’s market, but not for high priced fixer uppers.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
some people won't care or will be able to fix those for less, so they may get a better offer than 60k off. good luck and keep looking.

i once avoided a fixer upper like that myself and i consider myself lucky they didn't take my offer.

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
🤔 Yesterday MIL mentioned they don' t have enough chickens to keep their ag exemption. 🤔

Leasing bees is qualified activity and only requires 6 hives... I could have my bee hives, they get a few $$ and their ag exemption... 😏

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
DD's have yet Another hive in their house. They have been putting it off, but the guy that is fixing their back porch is a mason, and he Wants to tuck point pretty much the whole house, which is a 1920's brick.
That's how the bees are getting in.
Last time the bee guys were able to replace a hive that was lost in the winter with a very vigorous new one. Vigorous bc it had been living in a house!!!! :barnie

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
First harvest of blueberries. Decent handfull from one bush. 20210522_104752.jpg

They didn't last long. 😄

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Getting a small handful of berries every other day. I think the asparagus I started with dormant roots is growing. I'm not sure what the plant looks like.

Latest posts