2022 Little Easy Bean Network - We Are Beans Without Borders

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I actually miss shelling beans in the evenings. :\
So, have you thought about pistachios? :rolleyes:

The last soybean ("Seneca") was shelled yesterday. Now I started shelling out this year's "Painted Mountain" seed corn, so at least I don't have to go cold turkey. :lol: That alone will take 2-3 days by hand. I had originally planned to grow "Gaspe"... maybe next year.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I actually miss shelling beans in the evenings. :\

i do too when it is all done, but sometimes i'm willing to mix some beans back together so i can sort them out again. i like the tactile feedback it gives me to run my hands through beans in box tops. :) and i also like the visual aspects of the colors, patterns and shapes... i'm not completely done yet, but getting close, the last box of PD beans i've almost finished and if i get out tomorrow to pick more Venda i can have those in my queue to get shelled sometime when i can get around to it.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5

The last soybean ("Seneca") was shelled yesterday. Now I started shelling out this year's "Painted Mountain" seed corn, so at least I don't have to go cold turkey. :lol: That alone will take 2-3 says by hand. I had originally planned to grow "Gaspe"... maybe next year.
I heard that many farmers Here were waiting for today's rain bc the soybeans are too dry.
Ever heard of that?!?!?

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I actually miss shelling beans in the evenings.
Yeah and there are peanuts too. Well how about fortune cookies LOL. Maybe you could jump a plane and take a ride over to Artorious's house. Well, I got the last of the shelling done this morning. I know what you mean. It does become a part of the daily routine for almost two months for me. I've been doing most of my shelling right when I get up each day. Yesterday was the very last of roto-tilling of bean growing ground. Time to do a bit of house cleaning and then bean photo taking. The Big Bean show will be coming next.

jbosmith

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

The last soybean ("Seneca") was shelled yesterday. Now I started shelling out this year's "Painted Mountain" seed corn, so at least I don't have to go cold turkey. :lol: That alone will take 2-3 says by hand. I had originally planned to grow "Gaspe"... maybe next year.
Gaspe is a great variety. Just ask my squirrels.

Latest posts