2022 Little Easy Bean Network - We Are Beans Without Borders

mahon67

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
LEBN'ye @mahon67 hoş geldiniz! :kazmak

Türkiye'de bahçelerinizde yetiştirdiğiniz yadigarı fasulye çeşitlerini duymayı çok isteriz! Biz de pix'i seviyoruz! Bu, fasulye çeşitleri ve fasulye yetiştirme teknikleri hakkında bilgi edinmek için harika bir

Welcome @mahon67 to the LEBN! :frow

We'd love to hear about the kinds of heirloom beans you grow in your gardens in Turkey! We love pix too! This is a great forum for learning about bean varieties & bean growing techniques!
I've been trying to grow beans for several years. I'm sure I will be more interested in beans after little easy bean network.

mahon67

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
@mahon67 Hello, welcome! Looking forward to read about your bean escapades in Turkey 😊
Thank you. I actually don't have much experience. Since the garden and the place where I live are two different cities, I can only go to the garden on weekends. Sometimes every 15 days. Despite this, I have grown around 10 different types of beans this year.

mahon67

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Apart from the known beans that I get from different international seed sites, I have unknown beans that I bought from local markets in Turkey.

These are the photos of some beans that I bought and grew from local village markets in northern Turkey.

Attachments

• SARI boncuk.jpeg
    SARI boncuk.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 56
  • nadide.jpeg
    nadide.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 55
  • köy tipi 2.jpeg
    köy tipi 2.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 60
  • kızılcahamam.jpeg
    kızılcahamam.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 62
  • kastamonu alası.jpeg
    kastamonu alası.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Tokat.jpeg
    Tokat.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Karabük embirme.jpeg
    Karabük embirme.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 69
  • çilli barbunya.jpeg
    çilli barbunya.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 66
  • bordo beyaz.jpeg
    bordo beyaz.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 49
  • ala kızılcık.jpeg
    ala kızılcık.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 71

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do your semi-runners sprawl?
I grow the semi runners on I guess you can call them hog pannels. Tractor Supply store calls them handy panels. They are heave wire squares made into panels 8 feet long and 4 feet high. Semi runner climb on that wire to about 4 feet and if they grow any more than that they can just flop over the top and grow back down towards the ground. I don't grow the semi runners with true bush types. That will tranfer the climbing runner habit to the recessive bush type. I will grow semi runners with near the pole beans.

Latest posts