2023 Little Easy Bean Network - Beans Beyond The Colors Of A Rainbow

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha!

.......that wouldn't really work.......would it?
My friend has a blind cleaning business, and frequently gives me broken aluminum blind slats. They make great plant tags. You can write on them with pencil or with a Garden Marker. For garlic I even write notes on the lower part of the tag that goes in the dirt (things like 'harvest when just two leaves are brown'). I use a one-hole puch to make a hole in each garlic tag; then when i pull my garlic I can run a string through the hole so the tag stays with the correct bundle during curing.

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Lillooet blooms on the windowsill. There are also small pods.

DSCN1517.jpgDSCN1521.jpg

Ladyreneer

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am so excited for my 2023 network beans that I went out and spent 30 bucks on super duper garden tags for them, the kind that are hard white plastic and a foot tall. I can re-use them every year if I put in the time to get the Sharpie marker off them. It was soooo satisfying to write all those names out in preparation for THE day.

Tick tock. ⏳
Wow! Where did you get those? I think I might need some tags like that in my life. They would be very hard to overlook! ❤️

Ladyreneer

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 has some incredibly wonderful and rare beans in his site, I love poking around 'pressing my face' against the window. 🤣 I have great fun trying to decide what network beans to select from the list! I've grown a fair few of those, and there are several that I thought were FABULOUS. Pretty and tasty as green beans, poles: Landfrauen, Lousiana Pole, Green Savage, Gill's Delicious Giant. Bush beans I have really grown and liked (though not eaten yet as the grow out was for seed) are Rotebeerbohne, Atwater, Mbumpa Boontjies (spelling not right on that one for sure, lol) and a few great runners are Minnesota 1940's and Ice. Ice beans are really delicious, on the small side and a ghostly silvery green. There is everything to love about them!
Thanks for taking the time to add those selection names for me. I'm writing them down for my 'To Grow' list. This year I have 2 acres to grow on, but we just closed on new land that is 37+ acres and we will be building a new home there. Plenty of bean land! 🌱

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
This year I have 2 acres to grow on, but we just closed on new land that is 37+ acres and we will be building a new home there. Plenty of bean land! 🌱
Wow I wished I had my bean gardens at my fingertips on my own land but I don't. One garden is 3 miles away and the other is 9 miles. Where do you live. Land around here has gotten to be all kinds of crazy prices. Can go for $30,000 an acre to $90,000 an acre.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow! Where did you get those? I think I might need some tags like that in my life. They would be very hard to overlook! ❤️

At a store called Dollarama, these are the best tags that I've bought yet! I would still like them a bit higher really, maybe 3 feet high, so if time permits I may attach these to some metal stakes I have with zip ties to bring them up even more. I like to be able to pass my plants and have a quick and easy glance at what variety it is. So many tags get buried by plant matter one month in!
20230406_223710.jpg

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to add those selection names for me. I'm writing them down for my 'To Grow' list. This year I have 2 acres to grow on, but we just closed on new land that is 37+ acres and we will be building a new home there. Plenty of bean land! 🌱
Sounds wonderful!

Latest posts