2023 Little Easy Bean Network - Beans Beyond The Colors Of A Rainbow

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I use fertilizer for geraniums NPK 4-6-8 with microelements, at a dose of 6 milliliters per liter, weekly. Besides, I'm watching. The plant will always tell you when it is hungry and what it would like to eat :)

@meadow, I have a few Quaker Bush seeds and they need multiplication. We will be able to compare the results.
Thank you!

That will be fun to compare results! :D

BeanieQueen

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hey @BeanieQueen ! You can start breathing again. Your bean package just arrived today in my mailbox. :celebrate Thank you for your work. You can sleep well tonight also.
Gee! I am really relieved! So, life isn't all that bad after all 😄
Thank you very much for letting me know, @Bluejay77 !

Priority list 2023 - here I come!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've got them ordered so it will be interesting to see what these are like. One of them looks like an Ice bean, silvery green grey, but in a pole form on a much larger bean. I have a few Chinese tomatoes (which are fantastic) but this will be a first for beans. I also ordered two soybeans I haven't yet grown, Musan and Hoseki.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
This company out of Florida has quite a few presumably Chinese beans too, although I question whether some may just be new names given in translation:
AG2T beans

They are a good Asian vegetable seed company, I successfully grew a bitter melon, luffa, and 3 long beans from them in 2022. They have a lot of very instructional videos too.

nune

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Itsy-bitsy!! :]

Thank you, Russ Crow! I'll be growing these in large containers when April starts.

20230109_130621.jpg

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This company out of Florida has quite a few presumably Chinese beans too, although I question whether some may just be new names given in translation:
AG2T beans

They are a good Asian vegetable seed company, I successfully grew a bitter melon, luffa, and 3 long beans from them in 2022. They have a lot of very instructional videos too.
Thank you for the link! The company I got them from is Agro Hatai here in Southern Ontario. I've never gotten seeds from them before, so don't know about their product quality yet but they've been in business since 2003. They seem to run both a commercial seed supplier side of things as well as provide seed for home gardeners, and the website is for home gardeners exclusively. Proof is in the pudding so we'll see. I will say this the price was very good 2.99 and the shipping was not insane, so it's a 12 dollar + shipping bit experiment. I was impressed that they put tracking on it automatically.

I've already tried doing some name translations for the beans phonetically but that has not worked.
Google translate feature is not always a success. 🙃

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 i will be trying to grow Andikove again this season and have all the return packets and labels. we'll see how that one goes.

i'm also going to give Montville and Striped Bunch another chance so also hoping to get those increased enough i can send a return.

are you planning on attending the seed swap on Feb 25th?

Latest posts