2023 Little Easy Bean Network - Beans Beyond The Colors Of A Rainbow

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yes, i've had that happen too where a bit of fuzz or whatever is in the picture that i didn't see when i took the picture until i get at the picture with the editing program and blow it up to see what's been captured. maybe 1 in 50 pictures i consider good, others i just have to accept until i can get a better one or they are "historical" records... :)

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Great photos @heirloomgal . The use of the same container for most of the photos is useful too, to accentuate the differences in size.
It's the first time I've used that angle, a common container. Chopstick holder in this case I believe. It's all a juggle for me since I don't have a great camera, so I have to compensate for that in all kinds of wacky ways, using color, different angles etc. Trying to show the much overlooked beauty of the bean. I do like the consistency that a single container provides for comparison to others. I worry it might get a little 'boring' if I repeat it too much though....especially since my web photos seem (to me) blown up to a pretty large scale on there. I worry about visual repetition since there are close to 300.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Saw these words below today on Facebook. This description might reveal another aspect of gardening that is not often thought about and quite true too.

Gardening has the reputation as a gentle and chill hobby, but you know what? Gardening is actually a constant and brutal conflict between the the human need for control and the will of life to spread. A battle of life and death itself. In the garden I am Overlord Supreme, King of the dirt, arbiter above all. The final judge of who gets to live and who must die. I drowned and entire anthill for daring to exist in my realm. The blood of hundreds has soiled my soul. My thumbs maybe green, but my hands are black and deadly.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
there are ways of limiting what you have to kill and as i keep going each year i do understand more.

good fences reduce what animals i may have to trap or kill.

bugs i generally do not do too much against other than the Japanese Beetles. a few other bugs are always around, stink bugs, squash bugs, boxelder bugs but we have a pretty hefty population of lady bugs of the two major kinds here and they're always patrolling. it's very rare for me to see aphids of any kind except the once in a while gray-green ones that show up on brassicas. i don't grow those regularly...

Latest posts