2023 Little Easy Bean Network - Beans Beyond The Colors Of A Rainbow

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Saw these words below today on Facebook. This description might reveal another aspect of gardening that is not often thought about and quite true too.

Gardening has the reputation as a gentle and chill hobby, but you know what? Gardening is actually a constant and brutal conflict between the the human need for control and the will of life to spread. A battle of life and death itself. In the garden I am Overlord Supreme, King of the dirt, arbiter above all. The final judge of who gets to live and who must die. I drowned and entire anthill for daring to exist in my realm. The blood of hundreds has soiled my soul. My thumbs maybe green, but my hands are black and deadly.
Went BACK on FB!!
You're Killin' me, Smalls!!! :gig :gig :gig

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a crazy fact. I can mail something to Europe and it will actually arrive faster than ANYTHING that I mail within Canada. Even within my own province. Even to someone who lives a total of 2 hours away from me. That's a puzzler.

if we are sending something in town it is better to hand it to the clerk at the counter as they can then cancel the stamp and then deliver it directly to them instead of it having to go to the regional sorting center (Detroit) and then being sent back...

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
if we are sending something in town it is better to hand it to the clerk at the counter as they can then cancel the stamp and then deliver it directly to them instead of it having to go to the regional sorting center (Detroit) and then being sent back...
I asked my postal lady yesterday if it was actually true that if I want to mail something within our city (town really) that it is shipped to Toronto first, sorted, then sent back here and eventually delivered. She said yes!? If they are driving, that's 8 hours in transit at least. Hard to imagine this is the best way to do it? lol

Last edited:

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am so excited for my 2023 network beans that I went out and spent 30 bucks on super duper garden tags for them, the kind that are hard white plastic and a foot tall. I can re-use them every year if I put in the time to get the Sharpie marker off them. It was soooo satisfying to write all those names out in preparation for THE day.

Tick tock. ⏳

Jack Holloway

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am so excited for my 2023 network beans that I went out and spent 30 bucks on super duper garden tags for them, the kind that are hard white plastic and a foot tall. I can re-use them every year if I put in the time to get the Sharpie marker off them. It was soooo satisfying to write all those names out in preparation for THE day.

Tick tock. ⏳
So, you don't cut up mini blinds for tags I take it. :frow

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That would certainly be a more cost effective way of doing it! I few years ago I used an old, light blue crazy carpet (which had cost 75 cents originally) and cut it into many pieces. Got lots of tags from that but they were not very stiff. Only good for the starter pots. Oh, the eternal search for economical tags of quality! I really like ones that come of the ground a few feet since most garden plants will swamp them sooner or later. Reusable is my goal because I'm lazy and don't want to have to make a whole new system every year.

These are my 'white limo' tags, lol, taller than most at least. I might affix them to a metal stake for the bush bean varieties. I bought a bottle of acetone, seems to mostly work for getting the marker off. Smelly though.🤢
20230331_223947.jpg