2023 Little Easy Bean Network - Beans Beyond The Colors Of A Rainbow

Ladyreneer

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You got the dark bean from Andromeda there was probably one plant that was still not stable in your grow out. Just keep selecting the beans that look like Andromeda. I really thought from what I saw in my grow outs that the bean was completely stable. When they segregate like that and you that darker color that was a plant that made some new gene combinations the season before. That probably happened here.
So, are you interested in receiving any of the darker ANDROMEDA STRAIN? Is it just me or does that sound like a new disease in a made for TV thriller? 😂 THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
New bean mail yesterday. There is a young fellow who graduated from high school last year in Austria and he is into all kinds of garden plants. He does like beans alot. Sometimes he will post beans on Facebook or send me photos of beans he has on the Facebook messenger. I had gotten into the German seed bank website IPK and poked around and found a Robert Lobitz bean i didn't have called Clarissa. However I didn't know how to get beans from this site and at the same time use my small seed lots account. So in talking with this fellow from Austria he told me that he orders beans from IPK from time to time so I asked him to acquire Clarissa for me. It's not a interesting looking bean but I wanted it as I'm trying to collect all of Robert Lobitz's original named beans. Small seed looks like it could be a snap bean. I saw a bean on Guy Dirix site called Pistrick 198 b. I asked him if he could get this bean for me. That was last year in the fall of 2022 he said your in luck I grew it this summer. This seed is a bit darker probably from age, but if I can get a good grow out on it I will have that nice yellow shade I saw on Guy Dirix's beans. I saw another bean on the Dirix site a bean from Korea called Coree de Sang. I asked the Austrian fellow about this one too. He said you are in luck again. I grew it this summer. Now that I have Coree de Sang it looks so much like Kiagara Mame. I wonder if it's the same bean under a different name.

Clarissa.jpgPistrick 198 b.jpg
Clarissa............................................................................Pistrick 198 b

Coree de Sang.jpgkaigara-mame-bean.jpg

Coree de Sang...........................................................Kiagara Mame

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Ladyreneer I love your bean photos. 🥰 I enjoy it so much when people post pictures of their grow outs. You must have lovely soil, all your seeds look so well formed and beautifully colored.

I agree, 'Andromeda Strain' sounds like something from science fiction. ✨👽✨
This is a pic from the film.
1703036141067.jpeg

@Bluejay77 I requested Coree de Sang from Guy Dirix too, I find it looks exactly like Kiagara Mame so I'm going to grow it out and see if I can detect a difference. I have a feeling they're the same, but who knows. It's such a rare seedcoat. If it gets hit by fungal issues mid season, I'll consider that proof they're the same. lol

Ladyreneer

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Heirloomgal, seriously? It IS a movie?! I haven't ever heard of it, unless it's subliminal messaging, and I don't really watch sci-fi either. That's really funny. So, of course, I had to go and check it out. It's a movie about alien life coming to earth, rather than a killer virus, so I was close. Old, old movie from 1971! 😂

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
eventually i'll have some more pictures to post but first i need to get through today's garden club meeting and clean up my room a bit because it looks like a tornado went through here. *whoosh!*

i did start taking pictures a few weeks ago but then i wanted to get back to making sure people got the beans they requested and the network beans sent back before i start that up again.

now i'm caught up on packing and shipping and i do have to admit i'm pretty happy with how i figured out how to turn a larger envelope into three smaller ones by using a stapler to make compartments in it so i didn't have to cut and fold paper to make smaller ones. :)

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Heirloomgal, seriously? It IS a movie?! I haven't ever heard of it, unless it's subliminal messaging, and I don't really watch sci-fi either. That's really funny. So, of course, I had to go and check it out. It's a movie about alien life coming to earth, rather than a killer virus, so I was close. Old, old movie from 1971! 😂
I hadn't heard of it either, until I checked to see what came up for that name! Now I feel determined that if I ever get a bean cross that can be eaten as a snap, I'm gonna call it 'Soylent Green'. 🤪

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of it either, until I checked to see what came up for that name! Now I feel determined that if I ever get a bean cross that can be eaten as a snap, I'm gonna call it 'Soylent Green'. 🤪
Well, I always planned to write a legume-based version of the movie No Blade of Grass called "A Hill of Beans".