A few pictures from this week

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a few minutes ago. Mom comes in and says, "You have to come see this!" she was worried that the killdeer nest out front had dead little babies in it. so i walk back with her saying that they just kinda sit there for a few moments. between the time she came and got me and when we got back to the nest two of them had already run off. if i'd have known what she wanted me for i would have grabbed the camera first. i actually saw one running off to the side. so i came back in and got the camera and hoped i could get a picture of one of the small ones on the run, but i didn't get that. i did get a few pictures of one that had gone off to the side, but it was hunkered down. so i said hello for a few minutes and then wished it a good long life and hopefully when it returns in the future (if it does) it will know me.

i'll have to get the pictures looked at soon to see if they turned out.

i really wanted a short movie of one running if i could have got it. that would have been nice to put on the website killdeer page.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The eggs are gone. I took Ex out to show him when he came by to start the field mowing. So sad...something got her eggs. No shell fragments.

the Mommas eat them or they take them somewhere i've never found them. in just a few minutes they're gone. of the three eggs that just hatched there were no shells left already. one egg is still hatching. hopefully soon.

Daddy's having conniptions running around with them. i need to get planting so i can't watch as much as i'd like to...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a little later i got a quick look at a small one running. :) wasn't close enough to get any kind of picture or movie.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
baby peeper! i called it the Lone Ranger. it was already over 10ft from where it hatched.

i sat for a few moment and talked to it hoping if it came back in the future it would be tame enough to be among the quieter ones.

p5310002_Lone_Ranger_thm.jpg

their last sibling hatched last night or this morning. good luck to all of you little guys! :)

Latest posts