A Life For A Life

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You tried Nyboy. You showed the little guy compassion when his only other choice was fear and terror.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dad Passed away on Nov 22nd. So this year it fell on Thanksgiving. It is four years now. Yet we remember with fondness all the good years and memories and rejoice in the knowledge he and Mom and all the other loved ones are celebrating at HIS table now. We also have death anniversaries that fall on Christmas, New Years Day and Easter. It DOES not ruin the Holidays for us. We choose to be happy knowing they are together and we will see them again.
Hugs to @Nyboy and @thistlebloom too.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dad Passed away on Nov 22nd. So this year it fell on Thanksgiving. It is four years now. Yet we remember with fondness all the good years and memories and rejoice in the knowledge he and Mom and all the other loved ones are celebrating at HIS table now. We also have death anniversaries that fall on Christmas, New Years Day and Easter. It DOES not ruin the Holidays for us. We choose to be happy knowing they are together and we will see them again.
Hugs to @Nyboy and @thistlebloom too.
That's what they would want from you.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dad also died the day before Thanksgiving in 2013, November 27.
This Thanksgiving we told stories about him. He was quietly humorous, and subtle with his jokes. When Rubik's cubes were the thing, dad had one on the coffee table and everyone would fiddle with it.
One day we were visiting and the cube was finished. Perfectly finished! I picked it up in surprise and asked dad if he finally figured it out. Yep, he said, I finally conquered it.
Later in the kitchen mom confided in me that she had caught dad in the garage, taking it apart and putting it back together.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ritual probably helps. It may take many forms, I suppose.

We had everything on the Thanksgiving table when I was a little kid. We were all standing there looking and appreciating all that food. My mother's sister, her husband and son were there from a distant town. And, then the phone rang. My grandmother had died.

After several years and when my mother was willing to celebrate Thanksgiving again, it was difficult for her. I began to make the pumpkin pies. Sixty-plus years later, I am still making the pumpkin pie! Now, I will have the last slice since the lunchtime soup has been eaten and ... I will think of my little grandmother.

Steve

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dad also died the day before Thanksgiving in 2013, November 27.
This Thanksgiving we told stories about him. He was quietly humorous, and subtle with his jokes. When Rubik's cubes were the thing, dad had one on the coffee table and everyone would fiddle with it.
One day we were visiting and the cube was finished. Perfectly finished! I picked it up in surprise and asked dad if he finally figured it out. Yep, he said, I finally conquered it.
Later in the kitchen mom confided in me that she had caught dad in the garage, taking it apart and putting it back together.
That sounds exactly like something my father would have done! :)

Latest posts