A Seed Saver's Garden

jbosmith

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I already made a seed purchase from a company just because I wanted one tomato they had, so I threw a couple more things in there to make the shipping worth it.
I did this last year, loved one of the plants I got, didn't save seeds and now no one has it! If anyone spots "Marz Pulcent" anywhere I'd like to try growing it in hanging baskets this year ...
I guess when standard seed ordering time begins, I'll be all done like @jbosmith!
I still need to order onion and shallot seed but everything I want is out of stock!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I did this last year, loved one of the plants I got, didn't save seeds and now no one has it! If anyone spots "Marz Pulcent" anywhere I'd like to try growing it in hanging baskets this year ...

I still need to order onion and shallot seed but everything I want is out of stock!
I have been amazed at how many seed/garlic et al/potato suppliers continue to be sold out of so much. When the 2022 new listing appear maybe there'll be some major renewals! :fl

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just googled Marz Pulcent, wasn't sure if it was something I have or not.
Turns out what I have is Marz Green 🙃 ! But that tomato does look lovely.

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The new-to-me seeds are starting to slowly roll in. 🎁 I think these are the most delightful, colourful packets I've seen yet. 🥰 If anyone is familiar with the Hoj (line through the o) Prinsesse bean, I'd be curious to hear its background and history? I never heard of it.

View attachment 45669

Such a written "o" may suggest that it is a variety from Scandinavia.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Woke up to white world. Was -17C/1.4F with the wind chill today.

Me
20211126_143333_resized.jpg

It did inspire some good cookies though.
20211126_181750_resized.jpg

jbosmith

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It rained here all day yesterday but apparently turned to snow overnight and the mountains got something like 4-8" (10-20cm) depending on elevation. I thought the apocalypse had started early this morning but it turns out it was just the sidewalk plow. It keeps alternating between stick season and early winter here, but I think the lowest I've seen on the thermometer is 17F (-8ish C).

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 9.06.33 AM.png

In warmer news, I went through my oversized "I should throw these away but they might be useful some day" old seed box and found an old Marz Pulcent sample packet with several seeds in it! All is not lost yet :)

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 9.12.22 AM.png

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It rained here all day yesterday but apparently turned to snow overnight and the mountains got something like 4-8" (10-20cm) depending on elevation. I thought the apocalypse had started early this morning but it turns out it was just the sidewalk plow. It keeps alternating between stick season and early winter here, but I think the lowest I've seen on the thermometer is 17F (-8ish C).

View attachment 45747

In warmer news, I went through my oversized "I should throw these away but they might be useful some day" old seed box and found an old Marz Pulcent sample packet with several seeds in it! All is not lost yet :)

View attachment 45751
Bunny Hop Seeds! 🤩 I've perused their site many times since they write up such fantastic descriptions for their varieties. So informative. I've never ordered from a US seed company, partly because some don't ship to CA, but mostly concerns about border hang ups or disappearances. Also, the exchange was a bit high for awhile. You're lucky to have so much selection for seeds. Bunny Hop has so many awesome varieties, tomatoes especially.

jbosmith

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bunny Hop Seeds! 🤩 I've perused their site many times since they write up such fantastic descriptions for their varieties. So informative. I've never ordered from a US seed company, partly because some don't ship to CA, but mostly concerns about border hang ups or disappearances. Also, the exchange was a bit high for awhile. You're lucky to have so much selection for seeds. Bunny Hop has so many awesome varieties, tomatoes especially.
If there's something you're desperate for I'm happy to order it and forward it on with your beans. Pre-covid I would have just driven it to Canada and mailed it but that's harder now...

Latest posts