A Wanigan Associate HAS JOINED us here!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome BlueJay!!!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE your website! Who knew there were so many beautiful beans??? The pictures are so colorful, it's like you could warm your hands on a cold day over the glowing pictures! If you are trying to preserve these varieties so they are not lost, then I think you just found a bunch of compost-mixing, dirt-digging, mud-pie-making, stop-and-smell-the-bean-flowers, VOLUNTEERS!!

We are so glad you have joined us, can't wait to see some good bean topics from you!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Bluejay! I'm in So Luckys position, but have been learning from Marshalls posts. I'm really looking forward to your contributions.
Kick your shoes off and sit here by the fire, I'll grab you a hot cup of cocoa or coffee. Or tea. :)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Russ!

:welcome

As you can see, we often have fun in here. Some of the topics are about recipes, some about compost problems, lots of things. It's actually an easy forum to use. I usually click "recent posts" in the green bar a couple inches from the top. That makes a page that shows the highlighted posts that have in something like the past day, gotten new replies on, and it shows the newly made topics too. Just click the interesting ones and pretty much say what you want. Oh, some of the topics can get heated, but most are about things such as what's this weed or shrub behind my garden, or does anyone have a recipe for Kale. To post a new topic, I usually click "index" to the left on that green bar and find the right section, click that section, then click, i think the wording is "post new topic" or something like that just over the grid of topics in that section.

How about some of your Bean soup recipes? I bet you've got lots!

Your history about the Wanigan Associates that you told to me would be great too!

Thank you for joining us here!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:welcome Hello Bluejay77 Nice to have you here. I am also eager to learn more about beans.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Bluejay77! I fixed my hair just for you! About the only beans I eat on a regular basis are pintos being hispanic. Wished I had the climate and space to grow them. :/

Mary

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome bluejay77!! :welcome I haven't made it to your site yet (been busy today), but will do it at supper time. Don't let us scare you...we're harmless.. :throw

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Harmless is right, tho' we don't always look the part!

I am not sure how "easy" gardening is. For me, the jury is still out on that. Rob named this The Easy Garden but I think that Marshall has it right - it is easy to be here and I hope we can always keep it that way, for young and olde.

Welcome, BlueJay :frow. You aren't much of a stranger since your website and 1st post are such very good introductions :). Feel free to jump in anywhere and it doesn't have to be just for us to wring information out of you for our own benefit.

Steve

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone would like to grow some bean varieties that I won't be able to get to this year? I would send out the seed free of charge, and then the grower would send me back 2 good quality seeds for every seed I sent out at the end of the growing season after your seed has been dried well enough to store, and of course the rest of your seed crop is yours. A way to get some new varieities and try out some new things on the cheap. Who knows this might just be the start of a little bean network.

Well I got some varieties from growers in Europe, and some even from other Seed Saver Exchange members last year that I didn't grow in 2012 and probably won't be able to get to again in 2013. I will put up a list of these beans on this thread in late March, and you can chose from the list. I would probably break up my acquired seed samples into 10 seeds for pole beans and 25 seeds for bush varieties.

Also what sort of things would anyone like to know about beans? I'll try to write on a topic on this thread from time to time.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well . . . since you asked so nice.

I am going to guess that it isn't just the flavor of this or that bean that you enjoy so I've got a question:

Can you tell us what additions, either spices, herbs, vegetables, etc., you like to have for cooking with your beans? Maybe 5 or so, right at the top of your list . . .

Steve

Latest posts