Aeroponic cloning

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
NwMtGardener said:
So my question is how do you get the tomatoes out of those plugs once they're rooted...? Or do they stay in?

Ohhhh, new pics, so the foam has a slit, so you can unwrap it from around the stem...

I think i have everything i need to do this!!
The plugs are slit and simply open like a book. To insert the plant you just hold the collar open and place the plant in the center, place them in the cup and the cup holds them securely. Simple really.

Jack B

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That'd be great or a lot more than tomatoes!

How much does the store bought unit cost?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
That'd be great or a lot more than tomatoes!

How much does the store bought unit cost?
Actually, there is an inexpensive unit like mine available: http://mygardenbytescom.ipower.com/Store/default-Plants-1-SingleItemName-ID.asp?id=35

I believe the price even includes shipping. As the bucket and cover are white, these must be cleaned more frequently due to algae growth from the light getting in. I think they are popular with the folks who grow funny plants. What would you do for electric to run the pump 24/7? I suppose you could get a chipmunk running in a wheel and construct a small generator. :rolleyes:

Jack B

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Jack, just how big is your greenhouse? I am always so impressed with the things you do in there.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
Jack, just how big is your greenhouse? I am always so impressed with the things you do in there.
Monty, it is only 8 x 6 but it is big enough for what I want to do. My wife wanted me to get the 10 foot model, but it was too high. With the small unit I can cover it with shade cloth and remove the cloth whenever I need to. The methods I use do not take up much space, and there is only two of us. We actually have enough to give vegetables away at times. For whatever reason I have been fascinated by greenhouses since I was a kid. Every time I would see one, I wanted to go in and look around. The first thing I did after I retired was build the greenhouse and I have been a happy camper ever since. :cool:

Jack B

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
jackb said:
Monty, it is only 8 x 6 but it is big enough for what I want to do. My wife wanted me to get the 10 foot model, but it was too high. With the small unit I can cover it with shade cloth and remove the cloth whenever I need to. The methods I use do not take up much space, and there is only two of us. We actually have enough to give vegetables away at times. For whatever reason I have been fascinated by greenhouses since I was a kid. Every time I would see one, I wanted to go in and look around. The first thing I did after I retired was build the greenhouse and I have been a happy camper ever since. :cool:

Jack B
Really? With everything you do in there, I imagined it much larger! That's even more impressive. You certainly manage space very well.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Squirrels would work better. More wattage...
Marshall your KITTIES! Put them to work!! I'm sure they would love to help out around the place... :lol:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
NwMtGardener said:
marshallsmyth said:
Squirrels would work better. More wattage...
Marshall your KITTIES! Put them to work!! I'm sure they would love to help out around the place... :lol:
Well.... cats are great for about 2 mins. Then they have to stop and groom for about 3 hours, followed by a 6hr nap... :p

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yea! The cats would work great for the short moments of high wattage use needed! Peeper could give a good 2,000 watts, especially if I played feather tied to a shoestring with him.

I put that page on my bookmarks!

How long would it take Loganberry to root? Which would root faster, soft spring or almost budding out hardwood cuttings? Inquiring minds want to know these things...

Aeroponic rooting is not even mentioned in either of my propagation books.

Latest posts