After Death

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
But think of the lucky male who is flock stud.

A 'responsibility' earned by a good attitude.
Benzo is my little prince!

DSCF0279.JPG DSCF0275.JPG

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Until you EAT him!

@Nyboy I'm shocked at your cavalier attitude. Boy pets are slaughtered and the few that get to live are treated like a piece of meat just used for their body.... eye candy if you would.

I'm starting to like giving people crap about eating animals. Maybe I'll join PETA. Or move into city and tell everyone how life should be... I must have fell out of bed and now am delusional

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope, Benzo is going on 4 yrs old. He's a great 'flock stud'. He's kind to his ladies. He's watchful of the area around and warns everyone if he spots anything that worries him. His chicks are really pretty. And, most importantly, he totally ignores me.
Smilies_Funny_DancingChicken[1].gif

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm Sorry, not with you there. It's a hobby. $$$ is not a consideration unless you are not paying your bills.

Now you need to be with me about the rampant sexual bigotry going on. The double standard to kill males. This needs to be discussed and brought to national awareness.......
If you don't know what your " hobby " costs you how will you know what your expenses are when you retire on a fixed income and ever increasing pharmacy and doctor bills, then come short every month ? Change your hobby and your ? As for your statements regarding sexual bigotry going on. Well , it has been going on for millions of years as dictated by mother nature. She demands that only the biggest and badest males survive and fight it out and only the fittest that win the battles earn the right to mate with as many females as possible as they can and defend agianst all other males of their species. :th :old
Until you EAT him!

@Nyboy I'm shocked at your cavalier attitude. Boy pets are slaughtered and the few that get to live are treated like a piece of meat just used for their body.... eye candy if you would.

I'm starting to like giving people crap about eating animals. Maybe I'll join PETA. Or move into city and tell everyone how life should be... I must have fell out of bed and now am delusional
You are right ... as you said , you fell out of bed and became delusional like all of the peta members. Or are you under the influece of " vapors " ? :lol:

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
As for your statements regarding sexual bigotry going on. Well , it has been going on for millions of years as dictated by mother nature. She demands that only the biggest and badest males survive and fight it out and only the fittest that win the battles earn the right to mate with as many females as possible as they can and defend agianst all other males of their species.

Hahaha :D - so totally the opposite of what happens in my little backyard flock. Benzo is small, just barely bigger than an average bantam. He was hatched late and was just barely good and fledged when the roos from that spring were processed - so he got to stay. His gentle nature and almost submissive attitude earned him a permanent place.
There is a full size roo in there named Jack who got his 'spot' by being blind in one eye which (I think) caused him to be picked on so badly (rarely saw them coming) that he never learned to 'act like a roo'.
I guess in my case - Mother Debbie trumps Mother Nature! :lol::gig

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm Chill my man and turn on your sarcasm meter.......

@Nyboy You are from NY area, suppose to be the enlightened one. This poor rooster is being used for his body...... talk about exploitation.....

@canesisters So that is how it is, toe the line, take a back seat to the women, & he can live..... oh the injustice..... Benzo looks as large as the hens. Is he allowed to talk??????? :)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy You are from NY area, suppose to be the enlightened one. This poor rooster is being used for his body...... talk about exploitation.....

Well.. it IS better than the use the OTHER roo's bodies were put to.....

@canesisters So that is how it is, toe the line, take a back seat to the women, & he can live..... oh the injustice..... Benzo looks as large as the hens. Is he allowed to talk??????? :)

Good Grief Yes! He talks constantly. Before dawn, after dawn, when Jack crows, when the dogs bark, when I come home, when it's time to head back to the coop.... He has a high pitched crow that makes one of my dogs howl.
Cracks people up if they notice it happening, Benzo gets up on his pallet tower and crows, Gilligan answers from his bed on the back porch... back and forth they go.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like fun...does Gilligan know the penalty for being a male who gets out of line?

Ok, who typed the comment on thread you responded to....

Latest posts