After Death

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
have to agree with cat, sell the trailer and give the processes to the children.... you owe her nothing whoever she is.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Dear. Go ahead and unload the headache ASAP. Sounds like the girlfriend will be after you for money otherwise. You where such a great brother. too bad he probably never real knew how good. :hugs

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a sister much like your late brother NYboy. She's destructive to every relationship around her. I have withdrawn from her completely because I refuse to get sucked into her dramas and I have a healthy family that I would rather invest my time and emotions in.

You went above and beyond for your brother, you don't owe his girlfriend (or whoever she says she is ) anything. Is the trailer titled in your name, or are you legally bound to it?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is titled in my name, need to talk with my Lawyer who is away for holiday. He had no saving or insurance, Jet Blue wanted $6,700 just to fly body to NY. My sister made plans to have him cremated then sent to NY, we will split that. My younger sister wanted nothing to do with this.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Nyboy. My brother has made a similar mess of his life and I know how that impacts the whole family. As they live, you worry and wonder if there is any hope of them turning around and avoiding that inevitable result of their bad choices. It is sad that they never realize or care how much they hurt their loved ones. Since you are not worried about what little monetary value there was to the things he left behind, it would probably be easier on you emotionally to do whatever necessary to unload the burden quickly. I'm sorry you have to go through all of that. Hugs and prayers for you. :hugs

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
my sister was in trailer looked like something from TV show hoarders. Dont think will be able to sell.
If the land is valuable you may be able to get it cleaned out for free. People will come and take everything and sell anything than's any good. Stuff we throw away they know how to get money for. May be worth the effort. Kids may find a little forgiveness with a little money from him....oh, actually from you. You also do not want to end up liable for what ever she may or may not do it it.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is titled in my name, need to talk with my Lawyer who is away for holiday. He had no saving or insurance, Jet Blue wanted $6,700 just to fly body to NY. My sister made plans to have him cremated then sent to NY, we will split that. My younger sister wanted nothing to do with this.
I don't think there is ever any reason to fly a body back.

Rose Tijerina

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I guess I just need to vent, tiring to put my brothers things in order. All of his life he had a drug and alcohol problem, he never had a job for long and was in and out of jail. Past 7 years I have been supporting him, I bought him a trailer so he would never be homeless, paid his cell and electric bill. I have no idea where his phone is called Verizon, costing me $350 to cancel his contract. Because it is under my name I have to pay it. Some woman called me this morning claiming to be brothers ex girlfriend, said my brother owed her almost $3,000. I asked how she expected him to pay her back when he didnt work. Might seller her the trailer for a dollar and call it even, I don't want it. Brother had a bird sister bought back to NY. Husband allergic to it so I will end up with it. Only a little after 11 o clock lets see what rest of day like.
So sorry, burdens are all around you, I will pray for you

Latest posts