After Death

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Probably the only people who can force change, are the people we live with.

The girlfriend. Shoot. It comes down to, "he owed me money!" Can we think of anything more crude and insensitive, more lacking in humanity? She isn't the only one who lost something.

And, she wasn't a positive for him ... just greasing the skids, if anything. Do what you want about her. If you want to stand your attorney up between the two of you without another thought in her direction, that would probably be just as moral as paying her to take a hike.

Here is an example of someone who could be a positive. I knew that it would be better for my health to quit smoking, once and for all. I'd tried many times, even during the time I met and romanced the person who would become DW. After she moved in with me and became really aware of my struggle, she would cry every time she even thought I was sneaking a cigarette! Dang right I quit for good.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, I think you are on the right track. Get your lawyer to draw up papers, sell it to her for a dollar and wash your hands of the mess. You have enough things to deal with without trying to sell a property that sounds like a disaster. It means nothing to you, or your brother's children, so let the girlfriend have at it. There is a time to cut your losses and leave it all behind you. That sucks about Verizon. They certainly didn't give a crap about you or your problem, it was in your name and they wanted their payoff. I think I would write a scathing letter to Verizon about their lack of sensitivity. If you like, I could do that for you, I could get on a roll and politely rip them to shreds for you. ;) What about the light bill and water bill? Cut off and balance paid I hope?

You are a kind, generous man and have gone above and beyond what anybody else would have done. You are truly, your brother's keeper. :hugs

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry you are having to go through this headache. Part of me says give it to her and good riddance. Another part says, no. I'm sure she knew that you were supporting your brother and thinks she can get money out of you. She knows you have a good heart. If she was the current girlfriend I would say maybe. But an ex-girlfriend? No, way. Birds of a feather usually flock together. I don't think I would even believe her. Probably needs money for alcohol and drugs.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
The land the trailer is on belongs to snow birds from NY. My brother watched over the house and grounds , they let him keep trailer at edge property. I am sure they will be going down soon, don't want to get call I have to move it. I would have to pay some one to move and then pay storage on it. I paid $3,800 6 years ago so feel I got my money out of it. It is a mess most likely only good for scrap. By selling it to ex for $1, it becomes her problem to move.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Because I have no children to worry about, I had a very small life insurance policy. After this I am increasing it, it is very expensive to die. If you have a very old policy you might want to go over it and see if you have enough coverage.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Because I have no children to worry about, I had a very small life insurance policy. After this I am increasing it, it is very expensive to die. If you have a very old policy you might want to go over it and see if you have enough coverage.
Good advice

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
The land the trailer is on belongs to snow birds from NY. My brother watched over the house and grounds , they let him keep trailer at edge property. I am sure they will be going down soon, don't want to get call I have to move it. I would have to pay some one to move and then pay storage on it. I paid $3,800 6 years ago so feel I got my money out of it. It is a mess most likely only good for scrap. By selling it to ex for $1, it becomes her problem to move.
Let's assume you sell it to ex for $1 then land owners want it moved. Will she be able to afford to do that or even want to do it? If the answer is no, then I think the owners are going to come to you.

Mary

Latest posts