Garden Master
Reaction score
4989_bunco_kindlephoto-17511929.jpg

Here is to a wonderful gardening year for you, @AMKuska

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you find some peace and satisfaction by planting things again. Sometimes observing and taking part in the steady repeat of the seasons over the years is comforting.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind replies. We are expecting another little girl in September, which helps make this year a more hopeful one. :)

Yesterday I took all the starts out of my greenhouse and planted them. I've been hardening them off by putting them outside during the day, and then bringing them back in at night. I watered them well and this morning they seem more vibrant than ever. I guess those pots were starting to feel a little cramped.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awww.... a little girl coming in September. Congrats on the new baby on the way.

What did you plant in your garden yesterday?

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oops, I meant to go get pictures for you, and then clean forgot. :) I'll try and go out tomorrow to get some photos.

I put out two kinds of cabbage, and some daikons. As well as a variety of different warmer season stuff. Cucumbers, tomatoes, and melons. I have a special one I'm trying this year called "Moon and Stars" so hopefully I get a couple of melons off that. I have not successfully grown a melon yet--but I've also never had a greenhouse either. :)

I went out to check them today and they look dried out and crisp. Unfortunately the super heavy rainfall we had earlier eroded the loose soil around the roots and exposed them. I'll wait to see what they do before pulling them up, but even if they end up failing I've got more of each on the way in my green house. :)

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@AMKuska so sorry to hear such bad news. Happy to hear about the arrival of your new family member. We have not tried the moon and stars watermelon yet, we have been growing sugarbaby for a few years now and have had luck with them. Good luck with garden this year.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well my son asked if he could put in a sunflower garden. I told him he could have the daisy plot if he could dig out all of the daisies, but with redoing our floors and everything I couldn't do it for him. I guess he was serious about the garden because within a few hours the daisies were (mostly) torn out, sunflowers haphazardly scattered in, and the garden was even watered.

At least I don't have to deal with those super annoying daisies this year.

Attachments

• WP_20180611_17_18_04_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180611_17_18_04_Pro.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 162

Latest posts