AMKuska's 2018 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
What's hilarious is last year the squirrels planted them in a flower bed and made almost a straight row. My son just poured an entire jar of mammoth seeds in a pile and sorta spread them around....squirrels plant neater than boys do :lol:

Still, he was out there checking on them today, so if he continues showing this level of care he'll have a nice crop of sunflowers all his own. :)

Edit: He's now out there watering them and talking to them. I have a fellow gardener for real!

Last edited:

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymarry I'll just explain to him thinning is part of the process, why we do it, and let him take care of it. He would be mad at me if I kept a part of plant keeping to myself.

Also, he says to ask you if you know when sunflowers come up. Also, he says to ask you if sunflowers will make it sunny more often...but I think he was trying to make a joke :p

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know this is supposed to be about my garden, but Alexii's is sooooo much more entertaining!

The sunflowers came up today. Alexii said he was sad and wanted to try again because he thinks he killed the sunflowers by watering them in the day time. (Dad explained once they are up Alexii shouldn't water during the day or they would get a sunburn.)

He also informed me his sunflowers need food, so we will be fertilizing today.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
He's still taking care of them. They are a foot tall already. Dad asked if I'd been watering them for him. He found it hard to believe the boy who can't remember to put underwear on in the morning can take such good care of his garden.

Not only does he water, he even talks to them while doing so. He asks if they like the water, and would they care for a little more?

<3

Latest posts