AMKuska's 2019 Garden Thread

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a foot grip you use on the rope without knots. It is half technique, half upper body strenth. You can also tear up your skin on your ankle. I like to use my knee sleeve at the bottom but am still careful. I'd hate to tear up my $40 knee sleeve Lol. I am afraid of heights so I can never look down either. haha

Mary

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a foot grip you use on the rope without knots. It is half technique, half upper body strenth. You can also tear up your skin on your ankle. I like to use my knee sleeve at the bottom but am still careful. I'd hate to tear up my $40 knee sleeve Lol. I am afraid of heights so I can never look down either. haha

Mary

I have weight lifting gloves that I use for climbing poles and doing monkey bars right now. I didn't think about knees.

I just wish I had a rope I could practice on. All the trees in my backyard don't have a single branch until something like 3 stories up. I have nothing at home I could hang one from.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe you could string a cable between two trees and hang your rope from that. It would have a lot of flex and be harder to climb probably, but would give you a workout of the right muscles.