AMKuska's 2019 Garden Thread

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Which could make the fixed rope so much easier.
You would think it would but no. Rope climbing is very difficult. You have to be able to hold on while you wrap the rope around your leg. It seems like forever when you are hanging on and if you are not proficient on that part it will take you longer.
Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You would think it would but no. Rope climbing is very difficult. You have to be able to hold on while you wrap the rope around your leg. It seems like forever when you are hanging on and if you are not proficient on that part it will take you longer.
Mary

But when you master it you are a world class rope climber!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
But when you master it you are a world class rope climber!

That's my point. Distance runners train at altitude to make it easier at lower elevations. I don't know if thy still do, things keep changing and they may now have decided that this could lead to injury, but some athletes used to train with weights on their ankles so when they got into the competition they'd feel much stronger and have better endurance. If you learn to climb a "limber fixed" rope then climbing a rigidly fixed one should be a piece of cake.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's one of the reasons why I'm climbing the pole at the park. At least if I can hang on for a minute or two I'll have the time to figure out the feet. (Right now I can hold on for 12 seconds. :th

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I started interval training, which I'll be doing for the rest of the time between now and the race. I just ran a mile today to see how it would go, but it definitely showed me a new goal. I ran a lap around the park track 4 times (a quarter of a mile each) and after each lap did some kind of strength thing.

I did the monkey bars (nailed it)
10 burpees (easy)
The pole climb (easy, but I only went up like two feet soo...)
The monkey bars (not so easy this time.)

New goal is to be able to do 3.25 miles with the monkey bars etc. in between and not miss anything. :)

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Things are finally happening with the house. The day I got the check dated for 19 DAYS after they said they mailed it (and so of course, it was useless because I assumed it was lost in the mail and stopped it) I called them up and yelled so loud it probably blew their hair back all the way in Texas.

I seldom lose my temper, but this time I did, and got a supervisor that exact second without waiting for them to "Call me back."

They said they'd overnight me a new check. I pointed out they'd lied to me multiple times in the past, and gave them names, dates, and employee ID numbers of the conflicting information. I told them if that check wasn't sent by rocket ship and in my hands within the week I'd be taking legal action. :somad:somad:somad

Well, the supervisor I was speaking with not only said she'd get it there by next week, she called me back to give me an update when it was sent, and then emailed me a tracking number. I got it a full 3 days before my ultimatum.

Of course, that's only 30% of the check, but at least I'll have a roof over my head when the landlord kicks me out.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm glad you finally got it. :)

if you have further payments coming from them can you have them do it by wire (ACH or on-line bill pay or such)?

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope. They're not connected to the bank itself apparently, so they can only send by check. x.x

Latest posts