AMKuska's 2021 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Happy day!!!!

My neighbor, also an avid gardener, called me up in a hurry yesterday to let me know there was a ton of tomatoes at a local store marked down to 4 for $5! I bought all the romas, a sauce tomato called "Health Kick" and a few beef steaks.

They survived the night :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another bad day in the garden, it hailed all day yesterday. :( mild damage to pepper plants, but the squash were spared.View attachment 40701View attachment 40702View attachment 40703

sometimes it seems that everything conspires against you and you shake your fists at it all. then tomorrow you get out and keep going. :)

i've had severe hail shred my gardens a few times and the plants do recover if they're not outright killed. it just means patience and peristence and sometimes just shrugs of the shoulders as i go out and plant something else.

Zeedman

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Happy day!!!!

My neighbor, also an avid gardener, called me up in a hurry yesterday to let me know there was a ton of tomatoes at a local store marked down to 4 for $5! I bought all the romas, a sauce tomato called "Health Kick" and a few beef steaks.

They survived the night :)
I'm assuming you meant plants, in which case, that is quite a deal - and right on time. Hopefully that will at least partially compensate for the loss of your previously-planted tomatoes. Glad to see you get a good break. :thumbsup

AMKuska

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm assuming you meant plants, in which case, that is quite a deal - and right on time. Hopefully that will at least partially compensate for the loss of your previously-planted tomatoes. Glad to see you get a good break. :thumbsup

Oops, yes plants! They're doing well so far. No signs of transplant shock, toddlers, or teenagers messing around in there yet.

AMKuska

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just a quick update - the plants are still alive. There's almost nothing to do though. The plants are growing really well, the mulch means zero weeds, and my only beef is it seems to dry out really fast. I had to evict two slugs having sex from my nappa, but other than that there have been no signs of pests or disease.