AMKuska's 2023 Garden

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
She has long since made the world bend to her will through the power of tools. If the plants were taller she'd just go find something to use as a step stool. I'm just glad she likes healthy things.

i'm glad to hear she's going for it and liking greens and peas. don't get her going on pea shoots as she may decimate those. good answer would be to plant more! :)

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Out in the front garden. Everything is looking well.
IMG_20230604_134513.jpg

IMG_20230604_134457.jpg
IMG_20230604_134446.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230604_134446.jpg
    IMG_20230604_134446.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 58

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
In Washington state and southern British Columbia many, many farms have converted to growing blueberries, which are grown in a mostly peat moss mix. I cannot imagine what else they could use in place of peat for these acres of blueberry bushes.
Oh and the blueberries are so good here! There are so many varieties to sample! Yummy!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
In Washington state and southern British Columbia many, many farms have converted to growing blueberries, which are grown in a mostly peat moss mix. I cannot imagine what else they could use in place of peat for these acres of blueberry bushes.

a friend of mine who was active in blueberry farming in FL (on top of very alkaline coral beach and shell parts types of sands) said they would use bark chunks or pretty much anything they could find for wood that was chunked and then was partially composted. raised ridges above contour, enough water and various nutrients when needed. i did not get into quizzing him on the exact regimen because there is a pretty common berry farm around here that all raise blueberries for u-pick and such.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Found a zucchini out on the plant today! Also picked all the ripe peppers and gave them to my husband for the vegetable relish he makes. I believe I may have mislabeled one. I gave him one and told him it was a holy italian, but to take a bite and see.

Well it was a hot...but actually a rather wonderful one I'm inclined to grow more of. It was very mildly spicy but had a delicious sweet taste too. It's by far the best pepper I've ever had. It's got a few other peppers on it so I'll save one for seed, what ever it is.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Found a zucchini out on the plant today! Also picked all the ripe peppers and gave them to my husband for the vegetable relish he makes. I believe I may have mislabeled one. I gave him one and told him it was a holy italian, but to take a bite and see.

Well it was a hot...but actually a rather wonderful one I'm inclined to grow more of. It was very mildly spicy but had a delicious sweet taste too. It's by far the best pepper I've ever had. It's got a few other peppers on it so I'll save one for seed, what ever it is.
I would love to know the name of this pepper variety AMKuska. Might it be possible to get photos of the fruit and the plant? How tall is the plant, and how large are the peppers?

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would love to know the name of this pepper variety AMKuska. Might it be possible to get photos of the fruit and the plant? How tall is the plant, and how large are the peppers?
The plant is pretty small and whimpy. I'll take a picture of it, and if it produces more peppers I'll share a picture. I'll tag you when I get the photos.

Latest posts