Another Countdown begins....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We all voted on it, and decided to have winter next week. It will get down to 16 degrees here, possible 11 degrees. For Texas, that is cold! Must have had some nawthurners sneak in a vote or two......

I voted twice, just to be sure. I was feeling bad for you missing out on getting some bracing air. Our temps are about the same as what you'll be getting, and there's no way around it, that is darn cold.

sFun_tonguestuck.gif

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm absolutely not fond of winter; don't have any snow toys, or winter sports. But then... winter is what keeps most of the bugs down to bearable numbers, and keeps the price of land (relatively) low here, so it's a yin-yang relationship.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same temps here this AM...and it doesn't feel as cold today as it did when it was in the high 20s yesterday. Seems like the colder it gets, the less uncomfortable the cold is....I think the humidity here makes it feel colder and the humidity drops when the temps drop lower.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we'll survive... :) after living up north for 15 years even at the worst it has been here it is still milder in comparison. -4F this morning. sunny and clear today. sparkles on the snow. :) Mom wants to do snow angels so bad, but she says she wouldn't be able to get back up. not really enough snow for that now. i can throw her a rope and drag her back out and then hoist her up. heeheehee...

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: You sound like me and my mom....we have that very kind of relationship! But, it would be I who couldn't arise from the snow and she trying to haul my fat fanny up outta there!

Latest posts