Another Countdown begins....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
When can you expect your coldest day if you are in the 48 contiguous United States:

LINK

spacer.gif
Contiguous-US-Climatological-Coldest-Day-of-the-Year-Map.jpg

a surprising amount of difference

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're not expecting to get above 30* today... and will be in the teens from Fri night through Mon.
cold-smiley-with-a-scarf.jpg

But I am SOOO looking forward to spring. Since I didn't get a garden going this past summer, I have REALLY missed it.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have single digit highs all week, -5 to -20 at night! And strangely, I am taking a brief 2 night vacation just a couple hours from here, where this week it never gets above zero. We are cross-country skiing with face masks, goggles, rabbit fur hat, hand and foot warmers, etc. Maybe I'll appreciate the relatively warmer above zero readings when I return!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You better take care of yourself, @buckabucka !

I can remember when I first came up to this nauthurn country ... 50 years ago in 2018 (!!!). Going out in deep snow at sub-zero temperatures, in uninsulated boots. That sorta thing ...

Averages ... but you and @canesisters have reason to expect even colder temperatures in the weeks ahead.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
94 days till we go to the beach with a bunch of friends and their families. Gonna be too cold for swimming and all that, but it's never too cold for shopping! :D Haha, no, I really am not that into shopping. Not sure what all I'll do when I'm down there. The guys are going in-shore fishing.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: You sound like me and my mom....we have that very kind of relationship! But, it would be I who couldn't arise from the snow and she trying to haul my fat fanny up outta there!

we get along well. the only person in my life who's been this good of a friend. i'm glad i can be here now with her. :)

Latest posts