Any one else noticing a disturbing lack of quality fresh fruit, and healthy nursery plants?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hmm, no I haven't noticed anything amiss, and I spend more than a little time at nurseries.

I just bought 6 beautiful blueberry shrubs, and two cherry tomato starts, a couple of six packs of strawberries to go in an ornamental pot and....lets seee...oh, some mojito mint, and primroses to go on my entry porch.
There were also heirloom vegetables available as well as the usual popular hybrids.

These were all at local independent nurseries, the farmers market I go to won't be open for a few more weeks.

Things are looking alright here, from my perspective anyway.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's a bit early here yet, but I usually do a walk through at some bigbox and grumble about somebody picking up a hose and doing some watering before everything is dead. :rolleyes:It would be hard to avoid them though, if you don't have local nurseries closeby.

Besides better variety and quality, most local nurseries value their reputation and are better at monitoring for disease and pests, and are certainly a better source for advice.

So far the only place on my agenda is our High School FFA plant sale next Friday... :weee

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was disappointed at the feed store; everything there looked rather sad and neglected. They said they hadn't gotten their Bonnie's delivery for that week. Walmart and Home Depot had a nice selection of healthy plants though.

Latest posts