Anybody have experience growing

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if we could hijack this thread and report on our tomatoes?

;) I don't know what it is about my relationship with that plant ... "shallow and vain." What!? Am I that transparent :confused:?

My messing with @marshallsmyth 's General Mischief has not even gotten off the ground :rolleyes:. Lemon Boy has produced a good number of tomatoes. Not yet one General Mischief for comparison ...

The Woodle Witz plants are doing fine but one plant is providing decidedly fluted fruit. I remember @PhilaGardener kidding me about that term. It's a cinch that your Florentine Beauties would split in my garden environment, Jarred.

Steve
edit: vane=vain, dang spell chequer

Last edited:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
got any pitchures of general mischief digit?

dadgumit spell checque!

pix
pics?
pichkures?
pitchers!!! Got it! :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It may be difficult to distinguish individuals in the sprawl.

The General is healthy enough. There has been only one plant, out of dozens, where I've questioned it's health from the get-go (Red Jelly Bean). Neither bugs nor wind have weakened the plants so far.

(... I feel like a counselor at a Summer Camp talking to a parent ;).)

The problem with many plants seems to be the 3 (& soon to be 4) episodes of heat in the triple digitS. I haven't quite tallied up which have done okay with setting fruit. Many, many have not.

Now realize that production must be fairly normal across the patch. It's just that it's heat this year that's interfering rather than our usual cold early weeks.

It could be that Lemon Boy is better able to set fruit but let's wait for a couple more weeks to see how things go. If I relied on early impressions, I probably would not grow half of my standards.

Now ... don't go away, sir.

:) Steve

Latest posts