Anybody with advice on vegetation killer?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
The theory was that the aspirin would open up the cells ability to transmit nutrients from the roots to the plant. Nice theory, saw no measurable response. Maybe it was those cheap Dollar General generic aspirins.....if I only used Bayer Aspirin....

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah...I used suppression cloth on my rows last year. :th :he It was horrible and fell apart at the merest nudge and was equally impossible to take up at the end of the season as it just disintegrated in my hands...weeds everywhere!!! Why didn't I just mulch as per usual? :oops: Never get too old to make a dumb move, but that's what comes from trying new things....one always learns something and that's a good thing.

That's why I come to these forums...to learn, to pass along what worked, what didn't, what I haven't tried but read about and intend to try.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha Seed! I love it! You posted while I was typing the following...

Just to add another thought, which you all may or may not agree with...:D

But I personally would hate to see this forum turn into nothing more than a mutual admiration society, where we all smile and nod and kiss b--- and get all pc about everything.
That would be too smarmy and insipid for me.
A good vigorous (yes and respectful) discussion is like a spring tilling.
It brings up all those good worms and weed seeds to pick over

Exactly!!!! I agree....debates are fun, arguments are not. I learn something in debates and arguments make me want to run and hide.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
The theory was that the aspirin would open up the cells ability to transmit nutrients from the roots to the plant. Nice theory, saw no measurable response. Maybe it was those cheap Dollar General generic aspirins.....if I only used Bayer Aspirin....

:gig I tried that some years back too!!!! And I concur...I saw no appreciable difference...and I, too, used the dollar store aspirin. :clap

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Has anyone tried " roundup " on weeds instead of aspirin ? :rolleyes: I have sprayed roundup on 20 acres of pastures after a few HUNDRED THOUSAND +++ weeds that sprout after seeds being pooped out by thousands of roosting starlings . It seems that hoeing equates to oh my aching back or I would have to hire a hundred illegals to hoe the pastures every 2 weeks for the spring and summer weed growing seasons while the grasses go dormant . Also I would have to :hide from the border patrol. ... and mulching doesn't seem to work on pastures since the pasture grasses don't want to grow as late spring and summer time is when the pasture grasses go dormant , but the weeds say right on ! :ep You see ... every fall the starlings gather in H U G E flocks by the thousands and they land onto the electric wires and trees that sag to the breaking point in the evenings . By morning their poop is breath taking ! :barnie :duc Then I have to replant the pastures. And N O ... I am NOT exagerating in the slightest ! I wish that it wasn't so as it is VERY expensive. :th

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts