Anyone BBQ For Fathers Day ?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are invited on Sunday to my step-son's house for a BBQ. It is about 2 hours away. Then next weekend we are going to my step-daughter's house about 45 minutes away for supper.
We feel fortunate that none of the kids have moved across the country.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We did steak tacos.

Marinate the meat overnight with super secret :duc homemade marinade, grill the meat whole so its easy to handle and get a nice consistent medium rare, slice really thin and make tacos. Homemade salsa, sour cream, fresh homemade guac, cheese, roasted red peppers, and lettuce.

One of my favorite things to have. 1 steak gives us leftovers for more tacos or Ill cook up rice and toss the same ingredients in and enjoy. Its nice too because you can use a cheaper cut of meat and letting it sit overnight with the limes in it (oh drat I've said too much :lol:) softens up those tougher cuts nicely.

Mind you we went to the build your own sundae ice cream place for dinner the night before and had cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Sunday ;)

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a Traeger about 6 months ago...it was on clearance at HD. Its buried in the garage, so I couldn't smoke the ribs for 2 hours and then cook at 250 degrees F for another hour...
Instead I baked the ribs covered in the oven for an hour and then finished them off with sauce on the Weber grill. Hubs had 2 Mikes Lemonades and some ribs and home grown veggies and we were stuffed!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are invited on Sunday to my step-son's house for a BBQ. It is about 2 hours away. Then next weekend we are going to my step-daughter's house about 45 minutes away for supper.
We feel fortunate that none of the kids have moved across the country.
I know how you feel. We drove 3 hours to go to my great niece's high school graduation. She was named after me. Her ceremony was on a Monday night and I couldn't make it. So the party it was. Street food was catered and it was lights of fun. I caught my nephew by surprise and pulled him out to dance. He NEVER dances, haha.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know how you feel. We drove 3 hours to go to my great niece's high school graduation. She was named after me. Her ceremony was on a Monday night and I couldn't make it. So the party it was. Street food was catered and it was lights of fun. I caught my nephew by surprise and pulled him out to dance. He NEVER dances, haha.

Mary
Mary, I have a good friend that now lives in Northern IA a 3 1/2 hour drive. They sent a graduation announcement for their #1 son, never dreaming we would be able to attend. We did. They where so surprised and it was great fun. I am so happy I went. Thanks to some prompting by my DH.
Joel's graduation 2018 (3).jpg

my friend and the graduate. We are so proud of him.J. has a form of Autism and is doing great, he is off to Iowa state to study meteorology now :)

Latest posts