Anyone Doing Feast of 7 Fishes Tonight?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
We were actually served filet for Christmas dinner (we spent it with some relatives). It was indeed delicious.

Though to be honest I was a tiny bit disappointing they DIDN'T go with ham. It isn't that I don't like fillet a whole lot more (I certainly do). But the fact they went with filet meant I couldn't pull the ice breaker I had planned that I thought would entertain everyone (as the ham was brought in I had planned to break into "The Boar's Head Carol" (yes, there is such a carol, and no it has nothing to do with cold cuts) At least as well as I was able to (I'm not all that good singing in Latin.)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We do the in laws that day and it's a lot of people stopping by, and some leaving for late service, others stay and hang out, others just put in some face time and head out.

It's always something easy to serve and can be ready for people when they are hungry. Foods out eat as you see fit kind of scenario. Venison chili, even sloppy joes were served a for few years.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ah-h-h-h, now you reminded me of fried smelt! Another Wisconsin favorite. I remember going up to Oconto when the smelt were running in the Oconto river. Big festival times those were.

A lot of bars around here offer free smelt on Fridays (or so I have heard). Just too yummy! It is one of those guilty pleasures I seldom allow myself in differing to a better diet. Smelt is fried with only the head removed. Loved that crunchy tail!

Latest posts