anyone else get their first catalog of the season?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
nachoqtpie, I once bought an issue of Urban Farm magazine. I really liked it and was thinking of ordering it. Are all of the issues good? Tell me more of your thoughts on it. Anyone else out there subscribe to it?

I do get Mother Earth News and really like that one. Some things are alittle far out for me and wouldn't work in the city but that's ok.

Mary

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i picked up one of the UF magazine this past summer. the one about the different types of hot peppers. i liked it but i'm not sure i would spend the money on more unless they are about things i like to read about.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm in with the cool kids now, just got my Baker Creek catalog while I was at work! :celebrate :watering Now I can stop getting my fix off the last years catalog.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:lol: My seed and dahlia catalogs are some of the few things that help me tolerate Winter......I just keep thinking...SPRING and PLANTING!!!!! I didn't get my Gurneys yet.......(?):/:/:/ It's like getting presents when one gets a catalog in the mail......can't wait 'til the next one.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm with Mary, love the Mother Earth News. I just finished reading their last issue. :D

I have been getting catalogs and LOTS of emails from all these plant places... some I never signed up for or know who that are? Maybe they know I'm an addict?! Hahahaha

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i just got my RH Shumway catalog. anyone order from there before? they have some asparagus i'd like to get. and they have sweet potatoes that can be grown up here in NH! i'd love to give those a try next spring! anyone have good luck with them?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
i just got my RH Shumway catalog. anyone order from there before? they have some asparagus i'd like to get. and they have sweet potatoes that can be grown up here in NH! i'd love to give those a try next spring! anyone have good luck with them?
I've ordered from Shumways Chickie'. It's been a few years, but I also ordered sweet potato slips. Everything was delivered in a timely
manner and the quality was just fine.

StupidBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I put myself on the mailing list for every one of the seed catalogs on the Mother Earth News "best of" list. I want EVERYTHING!!!

Trying valiantly to stick to ordering things the local place won't carry. The local place is Buckles Hardware, in business since 18something, a real hanger-on of bins of hardware, home canning, seed and garden. No feeds or critters, but do carry veg seedling plants and may go back to carrying the bundled onions and sweet potatoes. Bins of seed of local standby varieties, so cheap this way that I can try everything. Everything I have room for, can keep weeded and watered.

Greedy, that's what I am. It's so easy to plan it now, when it's not 90 plus and 80% humidity.

Why do I go so nuts about these things? I know I can't possibly grow it all, if so, then eat it all!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh, join the club! on BYC we have hatcher's anonymous and over her we have seed/plant hoarders anonymous! :lol: we are just very envious of what others have in their catalogs and wishing it was ours when we can't get it into our gardens till it gets warmer!

AlienChick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I just went hog-wild crazy and ordered a whole pile of catalogs, too!

I'm already a member of the BYC hatcher's anonymous . . . does it ever end???

:D